William Inge Hired as LB Coach

So from good friend who was member of 2000 NC team, tied in to cfb coaching industry in general and especially to OU, UT (Heupel/Halzle) and now Miss St. He said he couldn't express how good of a hire this is. Inge is really good as a recruiter especially California, Pacific & SouthWest, and Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, & Missouri. Great coach that could coach any position on front 7. Two things stuck out about this hire

#1 It shows how respected & connected CJH is in the industry. He had never heard Inge mentioned (it was either stay in Wash or go to Alabama) - once Alabama happened no one was even aware Inge was looking or would have interest in anything that wasn't a full DC position. He believes it is most likely that Inge (through his agent/coaching contacts) made sure Heupel was made aware of his interest- said it gas to be true if this hire doesn't at least come with Co-DC title & likely how it happened regardless. There was no chatter about Inge & that would be important to Inge because if he was "open" to other opportunities he certainly would of wanted to be very quiet about it and would have to have trust in other party

#2 Other takeaway was he thinks along with CJH - opportunity to work with Banks/Garner likely played a role. Said a few guys are just really well liked and respected almost universally and Banks is one those guys. And of course Garner is simply a legend.

Anyway he was blown away both at Tenn getting Inge & that he never heard a whisper about it
Delicious post. Thanks.

I have a friend who is a Seahawks fan. He talks to other Seahawks fans who are also Huskies fans and they specifically didn't like Inge. I don't have enough info to know why. I know he'll have way better talent here.
Well, that's all I need to hear. Sounds extremely credible, thanks for posting.

Reactions: GrayWaterCanine
Sorry. It wasn't a college essay. I didn't ask him to cite his work
When I watched them in the playoffs, their linebackers looked to be the strength of their defense, and I was super impressed by them so I don't really understand their criticism personally. Maybe it was recruiting or something else, but their LBs were super productive.

When I watched them in the playoffs, their linebackers looked to be the strength of their defense, and I was super impressed by them so I don't really understand their criticism personally. Maybe it was recruiting or something else, but their LBs were super productive.
I'm not sure. I didn't pay that close of attention to their games so I can't comment on that. As I said before, he'll have way better talent to work with here. Just stated that apparently they weren't happy with him for whatever reason. Doesn't mean they were necessarily right.

I won’t be satisfied until the guy with a friend who says this is a HR and the guy with a friend who says Inge sucks meet at a local Waffle restaurant.
Yall are trying to make what I said more polarizing than it was lol

If you didn’t want a response, you should’ve typed it onto a Word document and emailed it to yourself.
I posted something moreso to see if anyone would have more details on why or just to provide the perception from the fans of the team he was with. You all took it the wrong way and came out with your pitchforks. I don't know much about him to really have an opinion. You spun it to your own narrative.

I posted something moreso to see if anyone would have more details on why or just to provide the perception from the fans of the team he was with. You all took it the wrong way and came out with your pitchforks. I don't know much about him to really have an opinion. You spun it to your own narrative.
Why not ask your friends why they have that opinion? A more detailed answer would be helpful.

Why not ask your friends why they have that opinion? A more detailed answer would be helpful.
Partially because we have moved on from that topic and I really didn't plan on putting that much energy into it. That's why I just said "I guess we'll see". Made a comment on here and went on with my day.

Sorry. It wasn't a college essay. I didn't ask him to cite his work
I don't think you're giving yourself enough credit. I'm sure there's someone who would have just left it at "I heard 4th hand that someone didn't like this guy," and been content with that as their meaningful contribution about the new hire.

Instead, you spelled it out for us. You have friends on the internet, and they have friends, and their friends hate this guy.

Works for me. I met a guy in chat room a few years ago who says his mom's ex -boyfriend's first wife thinks Brad Pitt isn't really that handsome. You're welcome.

Why would we know why a few yokels of a different fanbase hold him in low regard? It’s not a “narrative” to be confused by your intent. Maybe he’s an udder a-hole…maybe he drowns puppies like Aaron Beasley? Don’t know how liked Jean Mary was, but the results were solid. That’s what we want…we’re not electing the dude to office. It comes across like you threw a stink bomb and SPUN the crinkling of noses as PITCHFORKS. 😏

Partially because we have moved on from that topic and I really didn't plan on putting that much energy into it. That's why I just said "I guess we'll see". Made a comment on here and went on with my day.
And that DAY keeps going! 😴

Why would we know why a few yokels of a different fanbase hold him in low regard? It’s not a “narrative” to be confused by your intent. Maybe he’s an udder a-hole…maybe he drowns puppies like Aaron Beasley? Don’t know how liked Jean Mary was, but the results were solid. That’s what we want…we’re not electing the dude to office. It comes across like you threw a stink bomb and SPUN the crinkling of noses as PITCHFORKS. 😏
I said clearly in my first post on the subject I'm not sure why while making a comment in passing on the subject. I'm sorry I didn't blindly say he's the best to ever do it.

I said clearly in my first post on the subject I'm not sure why while making a comment in passing on the subject. I'm sorry I didn't blindly say he's the best to ever do it.
Cuz that’s what we’re requesting…resume gaslighting. 😴

VN Store

Back