Wim Hof: Breathing and Cold Plunge Merits

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Anybody into this stuff?

I'm not the type to waste my time on placebo, hippy, natural earth BS. This stuff is real, I think. The science on these breathing techniques seems legit. I always feel better after I do a session. It's been a huge benefit for dealing with my anxiety. For example, I had a traumatic flight once where the turbulence was so bad people were literally screaming all over the plane, and I get triggered when there is turbulence now...I just do the breathing and I'm fine. I literally feel high on life when I finish a focused, effort-filled session of breathing. I feel more alert for any kind of task. It's amazing that something so simple and helpful is at our disposal at all times. I highly recommend trying it.

And the cold plunges are a little tougher for me, but it's 10x better than a cup of coffee, and you never regret it when you're done. You feel so alive. I just have a hard time making myself do it. If you can go sauna then cold plunge, it's a lot easier to do. Or just go cold shower. All of it does the trick to varying degrees.

If you haven't looked into this stuff, do it.

Last edited:
Reactions: bluegrasser
definitely think there is something to the cold therapy. world class athletes use it all the time, so at the very least I think we have plenty of evidence it works for the healing aspect at least.

Reactions: tbh
definitely think there is something to the cold therapy. world class athletes use it all the time, so at the very least I think we have plenty of evidence it works for the healing aspect at least.

Yeah, treating inflammation seems self-evident.

I don't know, not a health expert, but it wouldn't shock me if there was something to "cold therapy" (I think it's a pretentious term for dunking yourself in tub of cold water, but whatever).

What doesn't make any sense is dropping several hundred or even thousands of dollars for a cold tub. Do these people all over social media doing this not already have a bathtub? What's the difference?

I don't know, not a health expert, but it wouldn't shock me if there was something to "cold therapy" (I think it's a pretentious term for dunking yourself in tub of cold water, but whatever).

What doesn't make any sense is dropping several hundred or even thousands of dollars for a cold tub. Do these people all over social media doing this not already have a bathtub? What's the difference?

There is no difference to the outcome, they are just easier to get into and they are designed to efficiently maintain a cold temp. I just have a pool in my backyard that is cold AF right now. In the summer, I do cold showers. I would love to convert my tub/shower into a steam shower and have a cold plunge option next to it, where a traditional tub wouldn't fit.

I listened to a podcast a while back that had one of the higher ups in this guy's groups on it telling about him. Some of the stuff seems legit and good ideas, but the Hof guy also has a few screws loose. Some of the stuff he'd do were f'n nuts.

VN Store

Back