Winning vs goodness

So you're saying we beat bama but lose to florida georgia and mizzou? I'm not an expert but florida and Georgia are much more winnable games than bama

Losing to Alabama has been a talent issue, and I think we've closed that gap considerably. The streak to Florida is mental. I think we expect to lose that game and find a way to make it happen. Until proven otherwise I will always predict a loss to the gators.

I ain't predicting nothing but I am expecting at least 8 wins. Beating Mizzou, UGA, or UF might just get us that 8th win this year and I could live with that. There's potential for more and we'll see how good this team really is soon enough.

I really look forward to seeing any opponent game-plan to just run up the middle against O'Brien, O.Williams, KMac, Vickers and Tuttle, backed by Bynum, Bryant, JRM, et al. :loco:

I imagine we'll see OU test those guys a lot (at least early in the game) with Pehrine (sp?) and Mixon. If you're looking at our defense, that's probably where it makes the most sense to attack.

Outside to Maggit or Barnett (with a solid group of safeties and possibly JRM and/or Sutton on the outside as well)? Nah I'll attack the 290 lb or Freshman DTs and the Mlb making his first truly meaningful start as a volunteer.

I'm not saying they'll be bad against the run or anything, just that the middle will probably be the weak spot in our defense early in the season until Tuttle and McKenzie have some experience.

Yes, I imagine we will see that attempted. OU should be a tough game. But overall, I like our chances. :hi:

VN Store

Back