WNBA DRAFT

Where does Rickea land?

• Indiana

• Los Angeles

• Chicago

Results are only viewable after voting.
Holy cow, look at this viewership! No wonder RJ is trending. Big congrats to her and to her stylist on a huge win last night. The word I've heard used most today is 'stunning'.

Will this translate into the league making money is the real question? A lot of folks are complaining about the lack of money that the ladies get - and I can guarantee most of them complaining have never watched a WNBA game. Folks assumed the ladies took home what the men do.

Will this class transform that league into an actual money-making league, or will all the hype go away when the college season starts and new superstars are born?

Will this translate into the league making money is the real question? A lot of folks are complaining about the lack of money that the ladies get - and I can guarantee most of them complaining have never watched a WNBA game. Folks assumed the ladies took home what the men do.

Will this class transform that league into an actual money-making league, or will all the hype go away when the college season starts and new superstars are born?
That has been the ongoing struggle for the WNBA. It has never been able to get out of the shadow of the college game. I think the tide is turning a bit with Clark and Rickea's show stealing look at the draft (her going to the LA Sparks is another plus). Have 2 super teams vying for dominance will also draw more interest.

Reactions: NashVol11 and Lucy

Ticket sales for many franchises is certainly up. Been down this road before. Does feel like this may be the most interest and biggest ratings ever, but remains to be seen.

As far as money-making, IMO for the foreseeable future that's still going to be more from national endorsements and be centered around the best players and not the league directly. For Rickea in particular, last night was a spectacular coming out party in that regard. Not sure why so many weren't aware what she looked like before last night, but a couple of million certainly know now. Been trending and building followers all day. Going to LA, and having ROC agency and Jade Li English on board certainly won't hurt. Always been strange to me that a player that good didn't have any national endorsements, but it's safe to say she will now.

Last edited:
I thought they all looked very nice. Looked classy if that's what they were going for, or looked...racy if that was also what they were going for. Alyssa Pili looked fantastic IMO. I wonder how she got the dress pattern to match her leg tattoos?

RE: Clark...the problem IMO wasn't the outfit; it's that Caitlin didn't style herself to wear the outfit. It literally just looked like Caitlin Clark wearing a $10k outfit or however much it cost, but she didn't have fun with it like the rest of the girls did. Like Nika Muhl who for some reason was sporting a gold tooth...
I’ve got to say the fashions are an equally fun part of the evening!! Our girl killed it!! Jordie looked adorable last year too!

The Prada was not Prada-ing tho. Good for her, but looked very dated. I liked Cameron’s look, but I’m over rosettes already. Angel and Rickea probably had my top looks. To quote my lovely mom, “The Tenneseee girl is gorgeous” 😭

Edited to say: Caitlin’s look was Clueless without the fun colors! Make fashion fun again.
You can take the girl out of Iowa but you can't take the Iowa out of the girl......

Old man fashion perspective, sure ya'll couldn't wait lol. I didn't like Brink's look at all. I'm not into overly skinny and that was far too much skinny skin for me. I did like Angel's dress alot. Didn't like Caitlin's at all. Just looked strange. Everyone else looked really nice, loved Pilli gown of tribal representation.

Surprise! Nothing came close to Rickea, both outfits. Loved that they were very classey and even sort of simple. When you look like she does, you don't have to over try on the outfit. I particularly thought the red one was gorgeous. She was stunning. Easily the class of the class.
Who better to judge contemporary women's high fashion than grumpy old men?

Cameron is an Elizabeth Debicki clone. I thought she wore that look nicely. Pili's gown was fantastic. Rickea and Angel stole the night though. Caitlin sadly looked like she had come from a shopping spree at TJ Maxx.

Cameron is an Elizabeth Debicki clone. I thought she wore that look nicely. Pili's gown was fantastic. Rickea and Angel stole the night though. Caitlin sadly looked like she had come from a shopping spree at TJ Maxx.
It just didn’t fit! I know oversized is a trend, but it looked off the shelf which is probably not what Prada was going for. Oh well, they got their money’s worth based on the tweets I saw about. No one mentioned Rickea wearing Cartier 🤑

No one, clearly!
It just didn’t fit! I know oversized is a trend, but it looked off the shelf which is probably not what Prada was going for. Oh well, they got their money’s worth based on the tweets I saw about. No one mentioned Rickea wearing Cartier 🤑
CC had on a huge jacket on SNL also. I guess it's a look. I think madtown was asute in pointing out CC will always be the girl next door, not the glamorous type. I do wish her dang hair wasn't so flat though!

A glimpse of Rickea's Cartier selction is in this get ready video. Her stylist was so on point.

This is exactly what I thought. Really bad look to bring her mom/his wife into it as some criticism shield. Hes done media. He’s been on radio shows. He’s recruited. He changed jobs. He moved. It’s SUCH a bad look by him. As someone with cancer in my family I’m pissed she even mentioned that.

Exactly. It’s not something you throw into a fire like that.

I also pray for health and healing for her and do hope she kicks cancers butt.

Reactions: VolFuture

Sorry Andraya but it takes 5 secs to acknowledge the past and be grateful.

I’m pretty sure she’s jumping in here without seeing what is happening

If KB chose “gratitude” this would be a non issue. He’s making 1.5 mil now on the backs of 18-22 year olds. He can thank his players and former school

And you guys know what's happening? JMO, but continuing to bash Brooks and speculate what you think is going on just seems way out of bounds. I've been there too and I know nobody knows. This one is best left alone.
IT TAKES FIVE SECONDS…

I don’t care if he hates the admin. It’s fine he didn’t go to kitley. Igi she’s hurt and wasn’t getting drafted high (even tho she made him) (she is the sole reason for his new salary)

It’s so low to mention his wife… he’s on radio, he’s recruiting, he’s moving, he’s doing the most. He can show show humility and thank his 16k fans who are heartbroken

IT TAKES FIVE SECONDS…

I don’t care if he hates the admin. It’s fine he didn’t go to kitley. Igi she’s hurt and wasn’t getting drafted high (even tho she made him) (she is the sole reason for his new salary)

It’s so low to mention his wife… he’s on radio, he’s recruiting, he’s moving, he’s doing the most. He can show show humility and thank his 16k fans who are heartbroken
People respond to trauma and grief in different ways. Maybe he did not have the emotional bandwidth to say "goodbye" under these circumstances.

Not sure why so many VolNation posters here have a dog in this fight but I would bet a large sum of $ that if Brooks had been hired as Kellie's replacement, there would be howls of outrage on this board toward those who are criticizing him.

People respond to trauma and grief in different ways. Maybe he did not have the emotional bandwidth to say "goodbye" under these circumstances.

Not sure why so many VolNation posters here have a dog in this fight but I would bet a large sum of $ that if Brooks had been hired as Kellie's replacement, there would be howls of outrage on those board toward those who are criticizing him.
I would be criticizing him.. it’s a big twitter topic. I mean Andraya is even commenting..

Grief is taking a new job? And branding? I don’t see it sorry. As I said it’s not like she is stopping him from making a statement. He slipped out in the night.

His wife makes sense for Kitley… kinda. What circumstances? Will he be there when they raise Kitleys jersey in the rafters?

IT TAKES FIVE SECONDS…

She talks about Brooks at 5:45 in the video, she will tell you who she believes is responsible for her success.

Reactions: VolFuture

Not sure why so many VolNation posters here have a dog in this fight but I would bet a large sum of $ that if Brooks had been hired as Kellie's replacement, there would be howls of outrage on this board toward those who are criticizing him.
Amen. We all react differently, but as someone who has been through it I can't imagine ever reaming someone else who is no matter what they do. If there's one thing I know it's that other people dont the f know.

I'm not sure the source of the Brooks anomosity either. Seems like lots of vitriol to spare toward many coaches and programs.

Amen. We all react differently, but as someone who has been through it I can't imagine ever reaming someone else who is no matter what they do. If there's one thing I know it's that other people dont the f know.

I'm not sure the source of the Brooks anomosity either. Seems like lots of vitriol to spare toward many coaches and programs.
The source is VT fans haha…

I get reacting differently but throwing “my family member has cancer” as a shield is a low take

It actually pisses me off

VN Store

Back