Worley, SEC Now show

Says our OLine is good, WR's need work. Hahaha. Love the kid and his leadership, but he has to be making people scratch their heads right now.

Reactions: 2 people
I'm watching now. The chiz knows what's up we are on our way back they all see it

Yeah. Marcus Spears is an idiot. Saying our receivers are a C? Come on, I don't think they're an A. But they are a solid B. Same thing for our defense, he grades them at a C. Well, the stopped "unstoppable" Chuckie Keeton. And then only allowed Oklahoma to score 7 offensive points in the second half.

Reactions: 1 person
Didn't want to start a thread for this and since it's and SEC spot, I figured I'd post it in here. Is it just me, or does Butch look sunburned? :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHt8UGEyx8w[/youtube]

Didn't want to start a thread for this and since it's and SEC spot, I figured I'd post it in here. Is it just me, or does Butch look sunburned? :lol:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vHt8UGEyx8w[/youtube]

He does seem to have a little bit of the "raccoon eyes" effect like he was wearing sunglasses in the sun.

You might want to go look at the numbers again. Thompson has been what you folks seem to think Worley has been. Worley has been, at best, high mediocre, and, at times, terrible. Thompson has been consistently good and sometimes great. He's hit 62% at 13 a completion, 13 TDs (including 4 vs A&M and 3 vs Georgia) and 3 ints. And incidentally, he's got 30 completions of 15 yards or more, 10 of which are 25 or more, compared to Worley's 16 and 5, so he's not dinking like Worley is (or if he is, then he's getting it out quickly enough to make big plays.)

There is much more to the story here. For one, yes he's thrown for more TD's than Worley, he's also played in more games, and he got to play against Vandy which will pad anyone's stats. Also, his O-line is stout. This much improved 2014 Worley would thrive behind an O-line like that. Also, when you see Worley's incompletions, they are almost always throw-aways or drops. Have you seen Thompson's incompletions? 10 yards ahead of the receiver, 10 yards behind the receiver, in the dirt, etc.

Numbers favor Thompson, but to me he looks like the same Dillon Thompson from last year. And the Dillon Thompson from last year performed worse against Mizzou than Dobbs did. Let that sink in.

Again, I'm taking Worley over Thompson 10 times out of 10.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
Did Justin blink once while being interviewed?

In all seriousness, yeah he blinked more than ocne. But you could tell he wasn't as comfortable on TV as he is dealing with local media. And to the poster who said "deer in the headlights" it's hard to disagree there.

That said, between the nerves and wanting to get it right I do understand.

This was likely his first big tv interview/solo feature and he was likely given the advice "don't blink too much, it's distracting" and "look straight ahead at all times" and also "don't turn your head, over emote, or touch you face" as that's the standard advice for a lot of folks, including politicians. And as strange as it might sound, even guys like Bill Clinton were total duds during their first big tv outing. It's just very hard to get it right the first time or even the first few times.

As for not knocking the oline.... can't blame him. That line needs faith and a vote of confidence from guys like Worley as well as our coaches. Confidence is really important in order to grow/develop a such a young group despite how much we as posters are free to criticize.

But yeah, overall:
lol.gif

Yeah. Marcus Spears is an idiot. Saying our receivers are a C? Come on, I don't think they're an A. But they are a solid B. Same thing for our defense, he grades them at a C. Well, the stopped "unstoppable" Chuckie Keeton. And then only allowed Oklahoma to score 7 offensive points in the second half.

In his defense he was asked about the skill position as a whole, which I think we have underperformed considering our potential to this point. And on defense he said he would probably bump them up after the UGA game if we play well and even said we are on our way back to being the Tennessee of old. With that being said, UGA hasn't played a defense of our caliber this year so I think they are in for a loooong day on the offensive side of the ball

In his defense he was asked about the skill position as a whole, which I think we have underperformed considering our potential to this point. And on defense he said he would probably bump them up after the UGA game if we play well and even said we are on our way back to being the Tennessee of old. With that being said, UGA hasn't played a defense of our caliber this year so I think they are in for a loooong day on the offensive side of the ball
THIS!! Our D will be the first SEC caliber D the Dawgs have seen this year. They could be in for a very long and demoralized day.

Don't know who you are talking to, but I've been all over these boards and I'm not seeing anyone as critical as you are about Worley, at least since the season started. I've reviewed all the videos of the offensive plays, and overall Worley has been very accurate. Aside from a few overthrown deep balls in the first game, I haven't seen any really poorly thrown balls. His incompletions have been mostly throw-aways, drops, or throws while being hit. His decision-making has been mostly good, except for the pick-six throw late in the OU game, and he was probably seeing double by then anyway. Overall the whole offense is playing better as a team (yes this is a team sport). Worley has definitely improved over last year, and although he has much better talent around him, their inexperience shows and affects his stat column. I think it's way too soon to claim Worley is the best QB in the SEC east, but I can't imagine any of the others playing any better in his circumstances.

You obviously think that volnation.com involves every vol fan everywhere. It doesn't. Most have never heard of this site; and most wouldn't come on here on a bet. And of the people who do come on here occasionally, many are simply lurkers who have much more self-control than I do, and so can't be sucked into these ridiculous discussions.

Other than that, you're welcome to the last word on Worley.

VN Store

Back