Would it be a major surprise if Nico didn’t win a title here, but George did?

not really... whenever we've signed the #1 QB in the class, we've won SEC titles (everyone knows Nico would've been number 1 if Arch had a different last name)
Interesting, which QBs are we talking about? Closest I can think of is Manning who was #2 behind Josh Booty. Which #1 QB won a SEC title at TN?

If Nico doesn't win a title or lose it on a last min play, or get injured, we have a major issue with Huepel.
You may, but w9nning a title is something that even some really good coaches never accomplish. I think the odds are better in 2025 and 2026 than they have been since 1997-1998, but a lot of things can happen that are unexpected and for which one can not prepare. n

You said titles. I assumed national, because my hopes are high. And with the playoff, as long as we’re in and have a shot at a Natty, I don’t care all that much about conference champs. Doesn’t make sense to care more about regionals than nationals. If we lose by 14 in Atlanta and go on to win the playoffs, we’ll be just fine with Heup.
I didn't specify a title because the OP didn't specify a title. He said if Nico doesn't win "a" title. The assumption includes the SEC. I'd be insane to suggest Heupel isn't the guy if he doesn't win a Natty by year 5.
I'm not saying you are but you come off as a really stupid individual.

I didn't specify a title because the OP didn't specify a title. He said if Nico doesn't win "a" title. The assumption includes the SEC. I'd be insane to suggest Heupel isn't the guy if he doesn't win a Natty by year 5.
😂😂 what the hell is wrong with you? 😂😂

You come off as a low class, trashy individual. Work on that, son.

😂😂 what the hell is wrong with you? 😂😂

You come off as a low class, trashy individual. Work on that, son.
Stupid people don’t like being called on their stupidity. This is the usual pattern though. Make a stupid statement, get called out on stupid statement, double down with more stupidity, name call, next is the victim phase.

Stupid people don’t like being called on their stupidity. This is the usual pattern though. Make a stupid statement, get called out on stupid statement, double down with more stupidity, name call, next is the victim phase.
No one likes being called stupid. Smart people don’t like it either.
The real sign of stupidity is feeling the need to call someone stupid over opinions about the future of UT football. Pretty pathetic.

No one likes being called stupid. Smart people don’t like it either.
The real sign of stupidity is feeling the need to call someone stupid over opinions about the future of UT football. Pretty pathetic.
I’m married, I kind of like it now days. The prerequisite is you have to be pretty though.

Reactions: mackievol
My dad used to tell me that "Everything before the word but is bs"!That its just a distraction before they really rip the bandage off!!

I would strongly encourage fans not to base their fandom on championships. The conference is about to be as tough as it's ever been and the odds of winning championships are about to get even greater than they were before. That's not to say it can't happen. But if you're pinning your hopes year in and year out on us winning conference titles and nattys, you're going to be miserable! It's far more important that we have a healthy and consistently winning program that's always in the conversation. Championships are the cherry on top, but I wouldn't concern yourself with a "nattys or bust" mentality.

I would strongly encourage fans not to base their fandom on championships. The conference is about to be as tough as it's ever been and the odds of winning championships are about to get even greater than they were before. That's not to say it can't happen. But if you're pinning your hopes year in and year out on us winning conference titles and nattys, you're going to be miserable! It's far more important that we have a healthy and consistently winning program that's always in the conversation. Championships are the cherry on top, but I wouldn't concern yourself with a "nattys or bust" mentality.
Well-spake! 👍

Too much bourbon today! I’m gonna wake up in the morning and give this thread a fresh minded evaluation! Sorry guys🤦‍♂️

Historically speaking it would be a surprise if either wins a title. We won one (by the skin of our teeth) in the last 70+ years

So Heupel takes a terrible team gutted of players and wins 11 games in his 2nd year with a QB no one heard of.

Yet in year 5 with a QB built in a lab to run Heupels offense he goes 11-2 again and not close to winning any sort of title and you don't see a major red flag with Heupel?

That's certainly a specific kind of stupid I don't understand lol.

George needs to be on the "Hill" first before he can bring anything. Don't overlook Jake Merklinger, he will be George's competition not Nico.
Not clear on what you’re saying. Are you saying George will beat out Nico?

So Heupel takes a terrible team gutted of players and wins 11 games in his 2nd year with a QB no one heard of.

Yet in year 5 with a QB built in a lab to run Heupels offense he goes 11-2 again and not close to winning any sort of title and you don't see a major red flag with Heupel?

That's certainly a specific kind of stupid I don't understand lol.
We have won 1 title in 70+ years, we play in the hardest conference in college football and it just got harder with the playoff and additions. Our historic average win total is not even 11.

By your thinking, we will look for a new coach every 5 years, how did that work out before CJH got here? If we go 11-2 this year and you wanna fire CJH, then there isnt a rational thought in your head.

We have won 1 title in 70+ years, we play in the hardest conference in college football and it just got harder with the playoff and additions. Our historic average win total is not even 11.

By your thinking, we will look for a new coach every 5 years, how did that work out before CJH got here? If we go 11-2 this year and you wanna fire CJH, then there isnt a rational thought in your head.
I beg you to quote anywhere I've said that him going 11-2 this year I would even be close to want to fire him. I've not said anything even remotely close. You don't understand, my friend, that I only remember from 03 because I'm only 33. I only know suckage. I was over the moon in 22. Last year at 9-4 smoking a ranked team in a bowl wasn't so still fresh air because most of my knowledge has been SUCK. I don't get why everyone is all or nothing. Why can't I be ecstatic with a 10-2 coach and at the same time understand that if Huepel did what he did in year 2 but can't by year 5 with a lab grown product for his system, he likely isn't winning a championship and it bothers me some? Even Richt won SEC champs, but at some point even Georgia pulled the plug at the right time. If Huepel is a 10 win coach and nothing more, I still hope he coaches here for quite awhile. It's not all or nothing for me.

Not clear on what you’re saying. Are you saying George will beat out Nico?
Looks clears. Jake Merklinger will be George's competition, not Nico.

Next year George, the freshman WILL NOT be competing for Nico's job as QB1. George's competition will be Jake for QB2 and they will likely be competing for QB1 after Nico is gone.

I beg you to quote anywhere I've said that him going 11-2 this year I would even be close to want to fire him. I've not said anything even remotely close. You don't understand, my friend, that I only remember from 03 because I'm only 33. I only know suckage. I was over the moon in 22. Last year at 9-4 smoking a ranked team in a bowl wasn't so still fresh air because most of my knowledge has been SUCK. I don't get why everyone is all or nothing. Why can't I be ecstatic with a 10-2 coach and at the same time understand that if Huepel did what he did in year 2 but can't by year 5 with a lab grown product for his system, he likely isn't winning a championship and it bothers me some? Even Richt won SEC champs, but at some point even Georgia pulled the plug at the right time. If Huepel is a 10 win coach and nothing more, I still hope he coaches here for quite awhile. It's not all or nothing for me.
I beg you to learn the history of this University. Us old timers have been through the best and worst of times.

I will also give you an example of how your thinking is quite misguided. The University had the (arguably) the best QB of all time from 1994 - 1997. We did not win a title and we lost to FL every year. Even though Peyton put up insane #'s we could not win a title. The following year, we had a QB who did not fit into our model but we went undefeated and did win a title.

Moral of the story, it take way more than a taylor made to fit QB to win it all.

VN Store

Back