Would UT accept a bowl bid with a 2-8 or 3-7 finish?

Pruitt said Wednesday that Tennessee will “absolutely” accept a bowl bid this season, even if the Vols finish below .500. Liberty Bowl most-likely destination.
Pruitt doing everything he can to coach players up and move out the dead wood. Bailey and others could use extra practice time. Good for Memphis area recruiting. My niece in school at UT in Memphis so might be able to see her and game.

Idk why but this post makes me laugh hysterically and want to chew my own arm off.
Make sure you chew off your posting arm. One of the more legit posts. You don’t think we need the practice or the money?

Last edited:
I'm not sure they would get any extra practices. If we do get the two games rescheduled, we would already be practicing through December 19th correct?
Yep...Most bowls that are still on will finish by the end of Dec...So if we do play on the 19th and do get a bowl invite (which I have my doubts) we are most likely looking at not a lot of bowl practice. Nothing like a normal year.

Reactions: Illinoisvolfan2
Doubt they make much money. It’s all about the extra practices

Not sure the benefit of that this season. Assuming Tennessee finishes out the regular season on 12/19, the bowl game would be within 10 days, most likely? Don't get me wrong, they would and probably should accept, but the timing is pretty poor.

200k bonus for going to bowl. Bowls are getting canceled.

You bring up an interesting point. While no one will care if whatever crappy bowl we get is cancelled what happens if one of the Playoff teams can't play? Will the #5 team get a chance at the playoffs?

If some bowl execs think an 2-8 Vols would get better ratings than a 5-5 SW Louisiana Weedeater Repair Tech, then it'll happen.

As Clint Eastwood once said however, deserves got nothing to do with it.

They will play a Big Ten team in Music City or Big XII in Liberty

At this point I don’t think extra practice is what we want. It would just be reinforcing bad habits from bad coaching.

Pruitt said Wednesday that Tennessee will “absolutely” accept a bowl bid this season, even if the Vols finish below .500. Liberty Bowl most-likely destination.

I’d pay good money

NOT
To
See
This hapless vol team in a bowl

At this point I don’t think extra practice is what we want. It would just be reinforcing bad habits from bad coaching.

How on earth does UT continue to get worse the more they practice?
Unbelievable

How on earth does UT continue to get worse the more they practice?
Unbelievable

You reinforce poor technique, and your opponent actually improves their technique in practice. So most likely, we aren't getting worse so much as we are not improving each week, and our opponents are, so we look worse.

It all comes down to coaching.

With all the missed practices due to COVID, any way to make those up would be great. Looking like the end of 2020is going to be a whimper and a moan. Did we punt the Texas A&M game? I’m not seeing it on any schedules. If CBJ recruits are still playing, CHP should get a couple more years. No more raises til performance goes way up.

I'm not sure they would get any extra practices. If we do get the two games rescheduled, we would already be practicing through December 19th correct?
Good Point. Im not sure how that would work or when the bowl games would be played. I do think it’s safe to assume there would be some practices allowed for an extra game, but it may not be 15.

I understand everyone’s point of view on the extra practices but I guess I’m old school and a bowl should be a reward for a successful season. No way we deserve a bowl bid regardless of COVID or any other excuse. It’s embarrassing to be honest

VN Store

Back