Wow!!shocked

Just heard its changed. USC and Tenn. Why do I have a feeling it just might change again.

Even if she did want to go to Uconn it doesn't mean that they want her or that Geno will take her and i suggest that we don't get all our hopes up on her coming here either. i just want to get the full details on her situation and finally get the actual facts on why she did leave Unc.

Last edited:
From everything I've been told, UCONN is not even in play here. All of my UCONN friends seem pretty happy about this too. They're saying they don't want her because she'll "ruin team chemistry".

From everything I've been told, UCONN is not even in play here. All of my UCONN friends seem pretty happy about this too. They're saying they don't want her because she'll "ruin team chemistry".

If I were in their position I wouldn't see it as being worth the risk either. They are dominant now as it is. They have no need to import potential problems.

Everyone else on the other hand is scrambling to catch up and it makes sense for them to take the risk.

Just heard its changed. USC and Tenn. Why do I have a feeling it just might change again.

That means us then unless SC is willing to make one or more of their players walk the plank. Maybe they have already addressed the numbers issue.

Coach Sylvia Hatchell "doesn't know or understand" why DeShields is leaving.

DeShields tweeted yesterday that "There's no price on your peace."

I don't know yet why the young star is leaving, but I do know that right now it's looking like she'll next be a Georgia Bulldog.

I'm hearing that Diamond DeShields will decide between Tennessee and Georgia Tech and Tennessee is the leader. This should be decided shortly.

That means us then unless SC is willing to make one or more of their players walk the plank. Maybe they have already addressed the numbers issue.
USC has one scholarship still available which would've gone to Shakayla Thomas had she chosen USC instead of FSU (9 on scholarship, 5 signed, 2 walk-ons).

I'm hearing that Diamond DeShields will decide between Tennessee and Georgia Tech and Tennessee is the leader. This should be decided shortly.

I don't Understand. If she and Kayla Davis could not get along while in high school why would she go to GT where Davis has already established herself?

I'm not sure UNC will actually allow her to go to another school in their conference if she wanted to and i don't see how she would want to go to Georgia Tech knowing Kaela Davis is already there.

Last edited:
USC has one scholarship still available which would've gone to Shakayla Thomas had she chosen USC instead of FSU (9 on scholarship, 5 signed, 2 walk-ons).

They had 11 players with eligibility left after last season so that would make sense if the walkons were counted in that number.

We will see if the big class works out better for Staley than it did for us.

Kaela and Diamond not playing together has everything to do with Kendra Davis, and nothing to do with the relationship between the two players. Kendra made Kaela transfer to Buford because she didn't want her daughter sharing the limelight. That's also why she went to Georgia Tech.

If Diamond goes to GT...Kendra Davis' head will explode, and I would love to be a fly on the wall when she got the news.

Yes, I was waiting for my registration to clear to post this. USC has 2 walkons and one scholarship available, and 3 seniors next year. So there is room for her and maybe Cooper if they want to jump on board though Cooper is leaning UT. And I think the idea that they have too much talent for Diamond is ridiculous. Dawn would take her in I think. UConn might be the only team to turn her down. It'll come down to where Diamond wants to play and nothing else. Good Luck.

I don't Understand. If she and Kayla Davis could not get along while in high school why would she go to GT where Davis has already established herself?

They did get along and the reason she would go there is because it is close to home. I think she may go to Tennessee.

Coach Sylvia Hatchell "doesn't know or understand" why DeShields is leaving.

DeShields tweeted yesterday that "There's no price on your peace."

I don't know yet why the young star is leaving, but I do know that right now it's looking like she'll next be a Georgia Bulldog.

You "know" so much!!! :loco:

Something tells me she didn't like playing with Calder running the show and now she is turned off to UNC because he is still going to be there, or something like that.

Yes, she would. If she goes to another ACC school then she would sit a year and also lose a year of eligibility

Although doesn't really matter if that's the case. She's only going to play two more years and then leave for WNBA. Catastrophic season ending injury is the only chance she stays for the full ride.

Diamond isn't going to GA Tech. She wants to play with Cooper. Cooper is a very heavy TENN lean. Make of that what you will.

Reactions: 1 person
Diamond isn't going to GA Tech. She wants to play with Cooper. Cooper is a very heavy TENN lean. Make of that what you will.

I hope this is true but the way this has been going for us the last few years I reserve my happiness until she signs.

Reactions: 5 people

VN Store

Back