WV site writers' opinion of us......

I like the idea they're pinning their hopes on their vaunted 3-3-5 defense that "few do well against the first time." Uh, after you've seen and played against UF, UGA, and Bama's defenses, there's not a lot the WVU defense is going to display that will overwhelm you. They better pin their hopes on being able to run up and down the field on our D because I do not see them stopping an ordinary SEC talented offense very often.

didn't they say the same thing about Utah St a couple of years ago? All I heard was how great their QB was and how he was going to gash our defense....

Reactions: 1 person
didn't they say the same thing about Utah St a couple of years ago? All I heard was how great their QB was and how he was going to gash our defense....

He was coming off a torn ACL, though. I think Grier is a much better QB than Chuckie Keaton was as well.

I am not so sure that is the case. We will see in September.

Yep. We won't know for awhile who is better or not. It's not like either Chryst or JG is a shoe in and clearly better than the other right now.

Unless our OL takes a huge step forward in one offseason, we'll likely end up starting both at one point or another anyway.

Back when I joined like buttons didn't come out for a couple of years after lol. Haven't posted to "earn em". Anyways ty for the likes.....hehehe. They bear no weight honestly though to this ol' boy.

Reactions: 5 people
Back when I joined like buttons didn't come out for a couple of years after lol. Haven't posted to "earn em". Anyways ty for the likes.....hehehe. They bear no weight honestly though to this ol' boy.

That just earned you a "like." Lol

Doesn’t change the FACT that people (including talking heads) ran their mouths that Keaton was going to boss us.

Yes, this is true.

Also true that Chuckie Keaton was injured for almost half of his career, was a DT QB who depended on his legs, was coming off an ACL injury, and wasn’t quite the NFL prospect that Grier is.

Just because both Keaton and Grier have been talked up doesn’t mean they’re equal.

If the idea Grier was some "great" QB at UF, he barely beat us and had to PED up to get on the field at all to do it does NOT make sense to me. He's serviceable at QB, I'll give him that but the idea his cast of characters at WVU is on the same level as the cast he had around him at UF is laughable. I do not think we are as good as the Vol team Grier beat when he was at UF. That said his WVU team is nowhere near the caliber of team he played on at UF either. It should be a decent ballgame and with WVU coming in ranked in the top 25 with us looking for A SEC win that hasn't happened since 2016, they should be favored. But will they boat race us? I think not, if they don't play at their very best they get beat is my opinion.

Reactions: 2 people
If tennessee can just sustain drives I think we will be fine. This isn't bama or Georgia where the defense is going to be invincible here. If we can dominate time of possession and make this a low scoring game it will not only keep our defense fresh but also allow us to be able to have a shot at winning. We can't get in a shootout with them or let them control that. They obviously will be able to score points on us and they have that advantage but I think we have the advantage in the trenches if we can do that. Also, we have the advantage of being this teams trap game where they are already planning a 10 win season, we were 4-8 last year, they have really no clue what kind of offense or defense to prepare for, and the fact that we lost 3 close games last year hides the talent on this team. Pruitt might be a first time HC, but the unpredictability works both ways in this case.

Reactions: 6 people
If tennessee can just sustain drives I think we will be fine. This isn't bama or Georgia where the defense is going to be invincible here. If we can dominate time of possession and make this a low scoring game it will not only keep our defense fresh but also allow us to be able to have a shot at winning. We can't get in a shootout with them or let them control that. They obviously will be able to score points on us and they have that advantage but I think we have the advantage in the trenches if we can do that. Also, we have the advantage of being this teams trap game where they are already planning a 10 win season, we were 4-8 last year, they have really no clue what kind of offense or defense to prepare for, and the fact that we lost 3 close games last year hides the talent on this team. Pruitt might be a first time HC, but the unpredictability works both ways in this case.

this

if we can establish a run game and dominate that aspect which I think we can, then we will beat them.

Reactions: 2 people
NITES WATCH: How Many Games Will West Virginia Win in 2018? - The Smoking Musket

Haven't posted in ages but didn't see this anywhere yet on site. Kinda made me giggle how they totally overlook the possibility of Chryst even playing. The Furrie fetish "guy" thinks Guarantano is starting his red shirt freshman year as apposed to starting his sophomore year. Either way 3rd freshman year....or not his take on the game is entertaining. What ya'll think?

Read the link, had to laugh. He needs to stop smoking so much musket.

If the idea Grier was some "great" QB at UF, he barely beat us and had to PED up to get on the field at all to do it does NOT make sense to me. He's serviceable at QB, I'll give him that but the idea his cast of characters at WVU is on the same level as the cast he had around him at UF is laughable. I do not think we are as good as the Vol team Grier beat when he was at UF. That said his WVU team is nowhere near the caliber of team he played on at UF either. It should be a decent ballgame and with WVU coming in ranked in the top 25 with us looking for A SEC win that hasn't happened since 2016, they should be favored. But will they boat race us? I think not, if they don't play at their very best they get beat is my opinion.

WV joined the SEC? I need to get out of the trees pronto.

Yes, this is true.

Also true that Chuckie Keaton was injured for almost half of his career, was a DT QB who depended on his legs, was coming off an ACL injury, and wasn’t quite the NFL prospect that Grier is.

Just because both Keaton and Grier have been talked up doesn’t mean they’re equal.

Never said they were equal. Point is, just because there’s a buncha people squawking about how invincible some player is doesn’t make it true. We beat WVA and everyone will be talking about overrated he is...whether he is or not.

VN Store

Back