Ya gotta like what AD Fulmer's is doing!

Its just too early to tell what kind of AD Fulmer will be. Hoping for the best but skeptical.

Don’t understand the skepticism.

UT has been his life, he loves the university and will everything with a great passion and understanding of our university and athletic department that outsiders like Hart and Currie just didn’t have and couldn’t understand.

He’s a wildly successful former head coach and very smart man, yet I’ve heard a tremendous amount of humility from him numerous times, saying he understands there’s plenty he doesn’t know and is depending on the wise counsel of people with knowledge of those things. I have zero doubt that he’s doing and will continue to do a great job over the next 5-6 years. He absolutely should’ve been hired last January rather than Currie, but that’s water under the bridge. Thrilled he’s in there now.

Reactions: 4 people
Fulmer has been the only sane choice for AD, and yet we've had a progression of Hamilton, Hart, and Currie. Currie and Hamilton were total abject failures, and Hart was only a small step above them.

Our successful ADs have all been football coaches. The absolute failures came from somebody's school of business or sports management.

Yeah, we don't need lawyers or bean counters running the AD.

Reactions: 1 person
Great post bro. Takes a real man to own it when you’re wrong. CPF is a winner and has learned from his past mistakes. He will find someone to handle the areas of the job where he may have weaknesses, and allow CPF to focus on the people aspect of the job.

Great post on a great post.

Reactions: 2 people
This time last year I didn’t think he’d do a great job...at least immediately. Felt the modern day AD had to wear a lot of hats and he’d struggle with the financials and business negotiations aspect. In short, I overthought it and was wrong. He handles the job like the former HC he is. See the problem...deal with the problem...next problem.

Maybe it's because I've been up for 24 hours, but didn't Fulmer become AD back in November and not a year ago?

Its just too early to tell what kind of AD Fulmer will be. Hoping for the best but skeptical.

This!

I think his biggest job is to rally the troops....which is what he should have been doing since Hart announced his resignation. It should have been a seamless transition, even if not long-term.

Reactions: 1 person
This time last year I didn’t think he’d do a great job...at least immediately. Felt the modern day AD had to wear a lot of hats and he’d struggle with the financials and business negotiations aspect. In short, I overthought it and was wrong. He handles the job like the former HC he is. See the problem...deal with the problem...next problem.

Many over thought it. We needed a leader that understood TN and what it takes to be successful. Currie and Hamilton had technical skills. Academics don't understand this because they don't operate in the real world but a great car salesman shouldn't necessarily being owning the dealership. There is a big difference in having techincal skills vs mgmt/leadership skills.

IF she wanted to leave, it wouldn't be hard for to land a gig a decent gig. Plenty of schools would take .741% overall and .734% in conference and NCAA appearances every year.

That may be great for them. Look up at the banners. This is TN, the expectations for the Lady Vols will, and should, always be very high. There is nothing holding TN women's basketball back.

Skeptical of Fulmer after the garbage we witnessed since Dickey... Doesn't get worse than Hamilton and Currie bro.. all you people worried about the technical side of the business.. finance, etc need to chill. There are intelligent, highly paid professionals that oversee that. It's like every major company. The CEO just keeps the ship headed in the right direction, not hanlde the technical stuff. Fulmer is perfect for this job and will do very well.

So far it appears CPF has brought back a stability to the university that people are warming to, that in itself is proving to be a right move.

Reactions: 2 people
IF she wanted to leave, it wouldn't be hard for to land a gig a decent gig. Plenty of schools would take .741% overall and .734% in conference and NCAA appearances every year.

And, how impressive is making the NCAA tournament? How many final fours? She isn't a good coach, even considering who she followed. She has been paid (handsomely) for her program loyalty but now it is time for her to move on. She isn't a "spring chicken" and will "never" win an NCAA title.

VN Store

Back