Yes!! We beat Bama!! (player arrests)

This is a top 25 list I don't want to be in :cray:

Attachments

• arrests.png
    arrests.png
    233.1 KB · Views: 10
And how many of those arrested players remained on the team?

Because no matter how Florida State fans/media want to spin it, that's the REAL issue here. Some coaches, like Coach Jones, Steve Spurrier, and Mark Richt have a zero tolerance policy. They suspend the player indefinitely upon arrest and unless the player is completely cleared, that player stays off the team. Other schools, like Florida State or LSU don't do that. And some schools/coaches pick up the booted criminals from other schools and give them scholarships...only to have them re-arrested for the same crime, different day *coughSabancoughBamacough* and the whole thing blows up in their faces.

Last year, losing AJ was a blow to our team. Huge blow. Have AJ around, and we might have beaten Mizzou. But CBJ did the right thing, despite the huge loss it was for us. Not all schools and coaches have the integrity to do that.

So let the Florida media spin on this one. It's going to be hard to have 85 young men on your roster and not have 1 or 2 of them get into trouble for doing something boneheaded. The real question the FLA media should be asking is who keeps the player on the team despite his arrest? And that question has an answer this fellow might not be crowing so loudly about.

Reactions: 1 person
And there doesn't seem to be any differentiation between minor offenses like DUI arrests--which probably makes up the majority of arrests on this list--and serious felony crimes. There also doesn't seem to be any numbers on cases dropped and cases prosecuted, or whether the arrests took place on campus or off (like at home over break) or any number of other factors which should, I think be important information. Not knocking this guy's research because that's a buttload of work, but whatever his motives might have been there's just too many unanswered questions to take these numbers at face value.

Considering you're talking about 100 young people between 18 and 22, averaging less than four arrests per year sounds pretty good. These figures are from everything from extremely minor arrests to major felonies. Wonder what the numbers are when limited to felony arrests and convictions? I really couldn't care less about things like public intoxication and fist fights. IMHO, those are disciplinary situations for the coaches and parents to deal with.

Lol at Georgia,just cause i hate em....

Now wait just a minute.
As the right Reverend Richt tells recruits....he is the only really good, righteous, coach in the SEC.
He proves that with his no tolerance turn em around tough love policy.

First offense: a dunking in the baptismal pool
Second offense: 3 weeks teaching Sunday School and running the pews.
Third offense: confessing all sins at The Varsity to all patrons and asking their forgiveness for embarrassing dawgie nation while wearing an orange jumpsuit.

Mark Richt did not have a zero tolerance policy until the UGA admin forced it on him, that's why a few years ago you had former players like Danny Verdun-Wheeler saying the inmates were running the asylum.

We aren't Lilly white either, Big Charles was probably under the influence of Pot instead of alcohol, but it wasn't all second hand smoke from Oliver either

I would like to see Head Coaches with highest arrest in last 5 years as Head Coach. Urban would be number 1. Not sure where Coach Jones would fall, but it would be further down than UT sits.

VN Store

Back