You know, we rag on Kenny Chesney a lot

Don't equate making a lot of money with being a good musician. There are a lot of "singers" or groups who made a lot of money who were awful (Milli Vanilli, Vanilla Ice, etc.). Just because you fooled the public, who are often a bunch of sheep, into buying your mass-produced crap (I like to call it the "chain restaurant mentality") does not make you a good or talented musician. I would absolutely put Chesney into that category.

What did I say that implied he was a good singer? I said I would gator chomp for my fans if it meant I get to keep making $42m.

Modern country sucks and has sucked for a long time. Except Chris Stapleton and Shooter Jennings. As soon as you wear rival team apparel you're out of the circle of trust. It's one thing if he were putting on a concert at a small school that we don't even play and was wearing their stuff. But, it's Florida and I HATE Florida more than anyone, I grew up in the 90s.

Reactions: 1 person
Are we really discussing this? Chesney is height challanged and Jackson is a good actor but it ends there. I don't care about either one and I hardly think they matter to the players or fans. Please, please end this nonsense of a thread.

Don't equate making a lot of money with being a good musician. There are a lot of "singers" or groups who made a lot of money who were awful (Milli Vanilli, Vanilla Ice, etc.). Just because you fooled the public, who are often a bunch of sheep, into buying your mass-produced crap (I like to call it the "chain restaurant mentality") does not make you a good or talented musician. I would absolutely put Chesney into that category.

:good!:
Kenny Chesney is a Sheep Herder.

Talent is not required to have a successful career.

Definitely not and there's a lot of people walking around downtown Nashville right now with a lot more talent than Kenny Chesney, who will never make it, which is ashame, but a reality of that business. It often rewards sell outs like Chesney and ignores other more talented artists.

Throwing stones at Kenny with a statement "Country music, THESE DAYS, sucks and Kenny is one of the reasons. "She thinks my tractor is sexy"? Really? George Jones and Conway Twitty were rolling over in their graves when that song came out."

She thinks my tractor's Sexy (get the title right) came out in 1999...

George Jones died in 2013... If George was rolling in his grave when that song came out then he had some serious mental issues.

Get your facts straight before you go throwing stones.

Kenny is part country part rock star. Nobody will deny that.

I love Country Music today. I loved it from yesteryear as well. I don't have to choose I can like both.

Music and art moves forward... it always has... it always will.

Thanks!

Jeremiah

You are the kind of guy who eats at a restaurant because there is a long line, so it must be good.

Reactions: 2 people
What did I say that implied he was a good singer? I said I would gator chomp for my fans if it meant I get to keep making $42m.

Wasn't necessarily directly calling you out. Instead, just pointing out a lot of posts on here that appear to be equating financial success with musical ability, which is not a direct correlation.

Little known facts: Andrew Jackson was a Vandy fan and Davy Crockett thought Texas was to die for.

Wtf are you? I simply made a statement about the success of his career. I'm sorry career success is low on your values totem pole. You're welcome for that SS check you get every month BTW "Pappy". All those successful careers pay for it.

You might want to educate yourself on social security. Your implication is both ignorant and silly

You might want to educate yourself on social security. Your implication is both ignorant and silly

Right on 114 82 must be his IQ. I would explain it to him but anyone who thinks they pay other people's SS is beyond hope. BTW Kenny Chesney did for country music what panty hose did for ff. Lol

Modern country sucks and has sucked for a long time. Except Chris Stapleton and Shooter Jennings. As soon as you wear rival team apparel you're out of the circle of trust. It's one thing if he were putting on a concert at a small school that we don't even play and was wearing their stuff. But, it's Florida and I HATE Florida more than anyone, I grew up in the 90s.

Post the rival team ear so we can put that one too bed.

Are we really discussing this? Chesney is height challanged and Jackson is a good actor but it ends there. I don't care about either one and I hardly think they matter to the players or fans. Please, please end this nonsense of a thread.

Do us a favor and ignore the thread.

Wasn't necessarily directly calling you out. Instead, just pointing out a lot of posts on here that appear to be equating financial success with musical ability, which is not a direct correlation.

Please quote more than one.....make sure they are from different posters. The same sad story from one poster, like yours, doesn't make your story.

And your criticism of his ability comes with what authority? That's the beauty of music; you just don't get it. Your opine of his ability means absolutely dick.

Be critical of the industry if you want. Criticising someone for taking advantage of a financial opportunity is pretty stupid.

If you think that the money you paid in, assuming you are drawing now, hasn't already been spent, you and the fool that liked your post best wake-up. I'm 56, I don't expect to ever see a penny. I am certain my money is already gone.

Right on 114 82 must be his IQ. I would explain it to him but anyone who thinks they pay other people's SS is beyond hope. BTW Kenny Chesney did for country music what panty hose did for ff. Lol

We know who the fool is.

Off topic. Does anyone know what happened to the thread of someone wanting to carpool to Tampa?...it was hilarious.

VN Store

Back