You should be ranked higher than you are

I would be happy with a 6 team playoff.

Agreed. I think it's only a matter of time.

FWIW - our ranking is probably about right. As long as we take care of business we'll be fine. Right now the goal is to get to Atlanta, the rest takes care of itself.

Well if we take care of business, this is the weekend we might get a huge bump with three other top-ten match-ups.

Reactions: 1 person
Well if we take care of business, this is the weekend we might get a huge bump with three other top-ten match-ups.

I agree that things will quickly take care of themselves. There is no need to ever complain about an early season ranking when you're in the SEC.

Now having said that, Stanford and Washington do not belong ahead of us based on strength of schedule.

Alabama and Texas A&M are considerable tests. Conference losses all cont the same hoss.

:no:

They count the same unless there is a tie. Then.... they do not count the same.

Most if not all of us are anticipating UGA and UF to have at least two losses. If UT wins UGA plus either TAM or Bama then you can pencil the Vols in. If UT has two losses then the tie breaker rules become very important. A win against UGA this weekend... again, would allow you to pencil UT in.

But the way we start against lesser team's is what they look at. The smack down we put on Florida in the second half. We should have done all game long against app st and Ohio.

PREACH.

Why do we have to be playing from behind to start slinging the rock downfield?

That ball control, dink and dunk crap DeBoring has been calling has got to go and let those boys play.

Confidence is sky high right now - CAPITALIZE ON IT !!

What does that have to do with this season or this team? Washington (currently ranked one spot ahead of us for some reason) has been much worse since 2004 than Tennessee. Someone with half a brain should explain why a team whose best win is Arizona is ranked ahead of a team whose best win is Florida (or even Virginia Tech).

West coast bias....

I'm not too worried. Win games and the ranking sorts itself out. I would agree we should be in the Top 10, but the only problem with that is we would have to jump someone and I can't really see who we deserve to jump at this point.

A questionable start to the year caused us to drop in the rankings. We have essentially almost climbed back to where we were. If we win this weekend we will certainly move back to the #8-#9 range because of all the ranked matchups, but as far as this poll goes I think we are where we should be.

We aren't going to jump Washington or Stanford until they lose, A&M has looked better than us so far. So I don't see how else we could make it any higher.

If Tenn beats UGA it will be in top ten because six teams ahead of it that are unbeaten play each other this week and three will lose...Wash v. Stanford, Mich v. Wis and Clemson v. Louisville. It will be interesting to see whete the Vols will be ranked next Monday.

Florida is a good team, I have no issues admitting that and to be honest it makes the victory that much sweeter. Like I said in a different thread, all of the "analysts" were bragging how Florida was "the hump" for us and how good their defense is. We beat them and now all of a sudden "they weren't that good". As far as ratings, it's just a number. If we play to our potential and win the SEC there's no doubt that we belong in the playoff.

:no:

They count the same unless there is a tie. Then.... they do not count the same.

Most if not all of us are anticipating UGA and UF to have at least two losses. If UT wins UGA plus either TAM or Bama then you can pencil the Vols in. If UT has two losses then the tie breaker rules become very important. A win against UGA this weekend... again, would allow you to pencil UT in.

Yea, I said it's a safe bet to pencil in Florida with more losses with LSU, Mizzou, and Georgia left on their schedule.

My point was too many people discount our west schedule and we could get 2 more losses with A&M and Bama. It's not a wrap.

I thought I made that clear with the exception of forgetting the "u" in the word "count"

Last edited:
Yea, I said it's a safe bet to pencil in Florida with more losses with LSU, Mizzou, and Georgia left on their schedule.

My point was too many people discount our west schedule and we could get 2 more losses with A&M and Bama. It's not a wrap.

I thought I made that clear with the exception of forgetting the "u" in the word "count"

I'm not so sure LSU gets past Mizzou or Florida. We'll see what O can do with the remaining staff and changing up the offense.

Defensively we'll be ok, but blanking in the 4th qtr can't be the trend.

It makes sense that voters would doubt us. We haven't been nationally relevant since 2001. (You can't count 04 and 07 because we weren't NATIONALLY relevant)

The only problem with this theory is going back to last year we have won 10 in a row, with out last loss to eventual Nat. Champ. Alabama who we led with only a couple of min.'s left in the game at Tuscaloosa. How many teams ranked ahead of us can say this? I can answer that question; none.

You beat UF as the favorite, at home, and so the simple fact that you won should not have been treated as any sort of surprise.

Where I think the voters are not giving you enough credit is the way you won. You were down 21-3 at half and looked like you were headed for a sure loss, and came out and quickly erased that deficit and pulled away.

And as much as it will hurt you to admit it, Florida is not bad, especially defensively. So imo you ought to be more in the 7-10 area in the polls right now.

P.S. This is not a trap.

No, its just pandering and buttkissing.

VN Store

Back