Your Memphis Grizzlies Basketball Thread III

Not saying I agree with Twitter. I think most of it was overblown.

We can be thankful that Memphis always seems to be spared from the worst of severe weather, even in the dead center of Dixie alley

Not saying I agree with Twitter. I think most of it was overblown.

We can be thankful that Memphis always seems to be spared from the worst of severe weather, even in the dead center of Dixie alley

Saw pics of damage up there. Obviously straight line and not tornado and was under 80 mph. The NWS got that one right.

It’s not a good draft. The Grizz will probably let Luke Kennard walk to stay under the tax. Knecht simply replaces him in the rotation.
Knecht would bring better athleticism than Kennard. The knock on Dalton will be his defense. Which I thought had improved under Barnes tutelage.

Hey look, someone who can't shoot the 3!

ESPN has the Grizz taking Stephon Castle in their mock draft.

While Castle isn't a perfect fit because of the questions around his shooting

Hey look, someone who can't shoot the 3!

ESPN has the Grizz taking Stephon Castle in their mock draft.

USA Today has it even better. 2024 NBA mock draft: Atlanta Hawks projected to take Alex Sarr with No. 1 pick

9. Memphis Grizzlies: Ron Holland, G League Ignite
Guard, 6-8, 206, 18

2023-24 stats: 19.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3.1 apg, 2.4 spg, 45.5% FG, 23.7% 3PT, 72.8% FT

Sustained season-ending thumb injury but showed his potential as a high-flying wing who flourishes off the dribble and in transition and likes to score; solid shot-blocker for his size; good body control while in the air. His 3-point shot needs improvement.

Reactions: YankeeVol
USA Today has it even better. 2024 NBA mock draft: Atlanta Hawks projected to take Alex Sarr with No. 1 pick

9. Memphis Grizzlies: Ron Holland, G League Ignite
Guard, 6-8, 206, 18

2023-24 stats: 19.5 ppg, 6.7 rpg, 3.1 apg, 2.4 spg, 45.5% FG, 23.7% 3PT, 72.8% FT

Sustained season-ending thumb injury but showed his potential as a high-flying wing who flourishes off the dribble and in transition and likes to score; solid shot-blocker for his size; good body control while in the air. His 3-point shot needs improvement.
Season-ending injury tracks.

Reactions: YankeeVol
I’m more than confident that the King will package away Luke and the 9th pick to select Reed Shepard with a top 5 pick.

Gotta take a big swing here.

I’m more than confident that the King will package away Luke and the 9th pick to select Reed Shepard with a top 5 pick.

Gotta take a big swing here.

I'm genuinely asking because I didn't watch him last year, but is Kennard a positive asset at this point?

I'm genuinely asking because I didn't watch him last year, but is Kennard a positive asset at this point?

Given his price tag, the Grizzlies roster needs, and cap space...No

Assuming Grizz pick up option, he will have an expiring contract plus he does have a NBA skill. So, it's not absolutely awful...

But another team will view him as a net cost.

Reactions: n_huffhines

The frequency at which he fulfilled the actual strategy for bringing him in was low, I believe. He never really played much with the "core lineup" due to injuries, gun waving, strippers, etc.

VN Store

Back