“Tell Them I did My Bit” - Memorial Day 2013

It's actually very easy for evil hater of America to destroy our great nation.

All it takes is for Patriotic supporters of our U S Constitution to become lazy and simply sit around and do nothing.

WAKE UP America!!!

Pay attention to what's really going on and RISE UP, UNITE and make your voices heard and your actions seen so that all of those who did their part before us and those that are trying to do their parts now will never have worked in vain to keep America strong and free!

Freedon has NEVER been free!

Semper Fidelis is NOT just a slogan for my U S Marine Corps, It's a dedication and commitment of each of us to do our parts, stay aware and active to fight the good fight every single day and NEVER take our freedoms and rights for granted.

Semper Fidelis = Always Faithful and I will never sit by and be idle while evil attempts to destroy our Constitution, freedoms and rights and dishonor all those that servered or those that gave all to create our great nation and those that serve to protect our rights today!

God bless America, now and forever!

VFL...GBO!!!

Reactions: 1 person
Doing the Lord's work at Dover AFB:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/26/u...s-troops.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&smid=fb-share

DOVER AIR FORCE BASE, Del. — The soldier bent to his work, careful as a diamond cutter. He carried no weapon or rucksack, just a small plastic ruler, which he used to align a name plate, just so, atop the breast pocket of an Army dress blue jacket, size 39R.

Sergeant Deynes, guided by an official military record, assembles the badges, medals, unit patches and ribbons that would go on the dress jacket.

“Blanchard,” the plate read.

Capt. Aaron R. Blanchard, a 32-year-old Army pilot, had been in Afghanistan for only a few days when an enemy rocket killed him and another soldier last month as they dashed toward their helicopter. Now he was heading home.

But before he left the mortuary here, he would need to be properly dressed. And so Staff Sgt. Miguel Deynes labored meticulously, almost lovingly, over every crease and fold, every ribbon and badge, of the dress uniform that would clothe Captain Blanchard in his final resting place.

“It’s more than an honor,” Sergeant Deynes said. “It’s a blessing to dress that soldier for the last time.”
Read the article all the way to the end.

Many of you will remember my post last year honoring my cousin Bobby who was KIA in Vietnam. There is a tragic sequel to that.

Bobby was a graduate of Knoxville Catholic as was his father and all his siblings.

KCHS lost another son two years later when 1Lt John B. (Bo) Balitsaris was killed in action. Bobby's younger sister had dated Bo before he deployed to Vietnam.

When Bo's family got the awful news Bobby's sister went to Bo's parents and told them everything she remembered from Bobby's arrival and funeral.

I marvel at her courage.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back