“But I got to stop wishin', got to go fishin' Down to rock bottom again Just a few friends, just a few friends” (pictures)

We got into the big fish. In New York, anything above 72 inches is considered giant. You can pull them out of the water. You have to measure and cut them lose. I spent 3 hours getting one beside the boat. And I caught one too small to keep. My brother had one break the line at 45 minutes and another really close to the boat at 3 hours and 15 minutes break the line. We were out there 14 hours. He did manage to catch one we get to eat. IMG_0956.jpeg

To give you an idea of the chop, these are 2 screen shots from a video a second apartIMG_0972.jpeg
img_0971-jpeg.672699

Attachments

• IMG_0971.jpeg
    IMG_0971.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 64
@MontyPython
Tuna fishing ain’t for sissies.

I have never been seasick before. I have been out plenty enough to have gotten sick, just never had.
We left from Montauk at 3 am by 5 am I was dying. We were out 15 hours and I was sick the whole damn day. The worst was when I hooked into a giant. The boat was running it down and the mate is yelling “reel Slice reel!!” When I slowed to a stop and threw up over the side and then started reeling again. The mate said “ok you can take breaks to vomit but that’s it”. I fought that fish for 3 1/2 hours. We got it to the boat and measured it. 74 inches.right now giants are not allowed to be pulled from the water. Anything over 72 is a giant. All that blood sweat tears and vomit resulting in no pictures. We caught a bunch of 35 ish pounders but nobody cares about that.

Lol

@MontyPython
Tuna fishing ain’t for sissies.

I have never been seasick before. I have been out plenty enough to have gotten sick, just never had.
We left from Montauk at 3 am by 5 am I was dying. We were out 15 hours and I was sick the whole damn day. The worst was when I hooked into a giant. The boat was running it down and the mate is yelling “reel Slice reel!!” When I slowed to a stop and threw up over the side and then started reeling again. The mate said “ok you can take breaks to vomit but that’s it”. I fought that fish for 3 1/2 hours. We got it to the boat and measured it. 74 inches.right now giants are not allowed to be pulled from the water. Anything over 72 is a giant. All that blood sweat tears and vomit resulting in no pictures. We caught a bunch of 35 ish pounders but nobody cares about that.

Lol
Damn, brother. Sorry to hear you got sick... Hope it doesn't prevent you from considering going out again in the future.

Screw Dramamin or Scopolamin... There's a device that you put around your wrist and it sends electrical pulses all day. My friend who's prone to motion sickness swears by it.

Glad to hear you got a decent bluefin! That fishery is off the hook and still getting better. 3 1/2 hour fight? Erf. Guessing it was foul hooked. Best way to bring them in fast is to leave the rod in the rod holder. We target them here in OBX in Feb/Mar.

Damn, brother. Sorry to hear you got sick... Hope it doesn't prevent you from considering going out again in the future.

Screw Dramamin or Scopolamin... There's a device that you put around your wrist and it sends electrical pulses all day. My friend who's prone to motion sickness swears by it.

Glad to hear you got a decent bluefin! That fishery is off the hook and still getting better. 3 1/2 hour fight? Erf. Guessing it was foul hooked. Best way to bring them in fast is to leave the rod in the rod holder. We target them here in OBX in Feb/Mar.
I was talking about you with my brother…. Pictured with the tuna …..at some point we’re coming to see you. Just thought you should know.

And I’m not letting nausea get in the way of a great fishing trip. I’ll figure out how to prevent that in the future

Got a friend here heading that way now for a fishing trip. He swears it's good fishing. I had an opportunity for a free week in October, but that's the only week we can go see our daughter in Florida. Hopefully one day.

Reactions: Orangeslice13

VN Store

Back