⚽️ 2024 EURO & COPA AMERICA(June 14-July14)FOX

Similar to why extra time Golden Goal in the late 90’s and early 2000’s didn’t work. The thought was if a single goal could win the game, teams would be motivated to try and go get that goal to avoid PK’s. Instead the opposite ended up happening. When there’s no way back from conceding, teams were afraid to throw anyone forward, which ended up with both teams usually parking the bus and playing for PK’s.

The golden goal made the next goal too valuable, and that was the problem. I believe my solution makes goals less valuable because they are easier to come by.

I’ve been joking about this and Pep for a couple of years, actually fantasizing about it. If it actually happened I would freak out.

I wanted Klinsmann for years and was stoked when he accepted. This, obviously, would be bigger.
This may not be a popular take, but I don’t see Pep or Klopp being particularly good international managers. Their success lies in getting exactly the right guys to fit to their system and having the whole squad well drilled in their tactics. I struggle to see how that translates in a situation where you’ve got what you’ve got with regards to the squad, and they only play together for about ten days 5-6 times a year.

This may not be a popular take, but I don’t see Pep or Klopp being particularly good international managers. Their success lies in getting exactly the right guys to fit to their system and having the whole squad well drilled in their tactics. I struggle to see how that translates in a situation where you’ve got what you’ve got with regards to the squad, and they only play together for about ten days 5-6 times a year.
Valid point, and good chance that is the case. But I would still be happy with either.

The Gruden effect I guess.

I don’t disagree with you, but at least we’d have someone who knows the game. I’m not sure GB ever has.

Reactions: tbwhhs and MAD
Canada #48 team gets to the semifinals. Oh and their coach is American.

They debunk the myth you can’t win with MLS players

Canada​

• Ali Ahmed (M, Vancouver Whitecaps FC)
  • Moïse Bombito (D, Colorado Rapids)
  • Mathieu Choinière (M, CF Montréal)
  • Maxime Crépeau (GK, Portland Timbers)
  • Kyle Hiebert (D, St. Louis CITY SC)
  • Richie Laryea (D, Toronto FC)
  • Kamal Miller (D, Portland Timbers)
  • Tani Oluwaseyi (F, Minnesota United FC)
  • Jonathan Osorio (M, Toronto FC)
  • Samuel Piette (M, CF Montréal)
  • Jacen Russell-Rowe (F, Columbus Crew)
  • Jacob Shaffelburg (F, Nashville SC)
  • Dayne St. Clair (GK, Minnesota United FC)
  • Joel Waterman (D, CF Montréal)

USA #11 eliminated , only 3 mls players

United States​

• Sean Johnson (GK, Toronto FC)
  • Shaq Moore (D, Nashville SC)
  • Miles Robinson (D, FC Cincinnati)

Reactions: VolsLFC and C/O

VN Store

Back