Lady Vols Soccer ⚽️ Ole Miss @ #23 Tennessee 7PM Thursday 9/19 Regal Stadium (Admission is free)

Going to set my clock I love World Cup Soccer!!!!

Me, too--I'm getting up at 3:00 to watch the first game, which should be pretty good. NZ has never won a WC game--but will have home-country support. Norway should win--it has three top attacking players, including Caroline Graham-Hansen (Barcelona) and Ada Hegerberg (Lyon)---but it's defense has been very shaky.

Reactions: MAD and knoxvol52
Didn't think NZ could beat Norway, which has four top attacking players (including 2 of the best of the world), but happy for the Ferns, who outplayed Norway and were very strong defensively, as they can be. They controlled the midfield, were very compact and made it hard for Norway to get the ball to its forwards and attacking mid. Norway was bad two years ago in the Euro Championship and is still struggling. It's NZ's first-ever WC win--and very happy for Wilkinson. I thought she was older than 31. I don't think she started in the last WC, in Paris, and I thought she was being phased out. Not so. She looked quick and good and strong, and great to see a former Vol score the first goal of the tourney.

I watched first 2 games fell asleep during 3rd one who won???
The third one is tonight.

img_3032-jpeg.564286

Though I know the result, am watching this replay right now. I will say, of the 4 teams I've watched so far, NZ seems sharpest, followed by Norw, then Austr(minus Kerr), then spunky Ireland.

I will also say, I am liking NZ's Bott and Stott, almost as much as the old school Vols' Wagster and Woofter.

Bott is tough!

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back