Lady Vols Soccer ⚽️ Ole Miss @ #23 Tennessee 7PM Thursday 9/19 Regal Stadium (Admission is free)

The third one is tonight.

img_3032-jpeg.564286
I thought it said A.M. lol

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I'll have to be selective about which games I get up for in the middle of the night. I got up at 3:00 last night and watched the first half of New
Zealand vs Norway, as I wanted to see the start of the tourney and see how Norway looked. Went back to bed at 4:00, set my alarm for 6:00 to
watch the Australia--Ireland match, but was too tired to get up again and was glad I made that decision.

Nigeria is very athletic but their soccer tends to be below par. I'll be shocked if they get a result tonight. They're not likely to have the ball
enough for Alozie and Oshoala--who is very dynamic at center forward---to make a difference.

Last edited:
Is Canada missing key people from injuries? Or just trying to save them for bigger games later? They don't look like their teams of recent past.

Edit: They said Fleming has some injury. What about Schmidt?

Last edited:
This first U.S. match is likely to be a repeat of the U.S. vs. Thailand four years ago---a score of 8-0, as I recall. FIFA, in its greed,
keeps expanding the tourney, even though it's already bloated, and wants every little nation to have their shot, but then you get
teams in the WC that are clearly way over their head. I saw a moment ago that Spain had 46 shots against a completely over-matched Costa
Rica. I think Costa Rica had one shot that wasn't even close to goal. You really shouldn't have games like that given that the WC qualification
drags on for about two years.

Reactions: knoxvol52 and MAD
This first U.S. match is likely to be a repeat of the U.S. vs. Thailand four years ago---a score of 8-0, as I recall. FIFA, in its greed,
keeps expanding the tourney, even though it's already bloated, and wants every little nation to have their shot, but then you get
teams in the WC that are clearly way over their head. I saw a moment ago that Spain had 46 shots against a completely over-matched Costa
Rica. I think Costa Rica had one shot that wasn't even close to goal. You really shouldn't have games like that given that the WC qualification
drags on for about two years.
Was that the match where USWNT were criticized for celebrating some of the later scores in the match?

VN Store

Back