⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

starting 11 for the first OT

90:00
Tennessee title=
For TENN: #32 Zazzara, Ally, #9 Simmonds, Kameron, #20 Midgley, Macaira, #15 Price, Kennedy, #18 Brown, Ally, #3 Lawton, Sizzy, #19 Agresti, Samantha, #4 Nelson, Maria, #11 Fusco, Jordan, #10 Michel, Sheridan, #24 Renie, Lawson.

100:00
Tennessee title=
For TENN: #32 Zazzara, Ally, #19 Agresti, Samantha, #24 Renie, Lawson, #20 Midgley, Macaira, #15 Price, Kennedy, #4 Nelson, Maria, #18 Brown, Ally, #3 Lawton, Sizzy, #11 Fusco, Jordan, #9 Simmonds, Kameron, #10 Michel, Sheridan.

I’ve been very down on some of the coaching decisions, but I have consistently thought this team had better vibes this year than last. This result really shows that. They played with a lot of determination and grit, though there are still multiple areas for improvement. Zazzarra is undoubtedly player of the match.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I’ve been very down on some of the coaching decisions, but I have consistently thought this team had better vibes this year than last. This result really shows that. They played with a lot of determination and grit, though there are still multiple areas for improvement. Zazzarra is undoubtedly player of the match.

Talk about stealing a win. I could not be more proud of the team for their effort today. I'm speechless. The way this game was unfolding--giving up shot after shot, the odds of us winning this game were probably no more than 15 percent after the first 15 minutes and went steadily down from there. The 41 shots we gave up today have to be a dubious team record. Yes, we absolutely need grit and heart--but talent also is vital--and we're lacking a bit in that department at the moment. We had a SOG in the first 5 minutes of the game--and didn't have another until the winning goal at minute 102 or somesuch. Here's the funny part: Nebraska apparently is even more offensively oriented than Xavier. Whatevs: It's an NCAA win. If they gave out game balls in soccer like the day in pro football, Zazarara would get the first one. What a performance by her.

Talk about stealing a win. I could not be more proud of the team for their effort today. I'm speechless. The way this game was unfolding--giving up shot after shot, the odds of us winning this game were probably no more than 15 percent after the first 15 minutes and went steadily down from there. The 41 shots we gave up today have to be a dubious team record. Yes, we absolutely need grit and heart--but talent also is vital--and we're lacking a bit in that department at the moment. We had a SOG in the first 5 minutes of the game--and didn't have another until the winning goal at minute 102 or somesuch. Here's the funny part: Nebraska apparently is even more offensively oriented than Xavier. Whatevs: It's an NCAA win. If they gave out game balls in soccer like the day in pro football, Zazarara would get the first one. What a performance by her.
Yes we need offense but remember all the injuries that are on the bench!!!

Simmonds injury is hopefully nothing more than a late-game cramp. Zazarra was absolutely awesome at net. People can talk about her lack of athleticism but she gets the job done. She did not fold under intense pressure. Sizzy Lawton was her usual great self and came through in the clutch.

VN Store

Back