⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

@turbovol
What do you know about the Memphis coach?
Seems like he is doing something right, they just upset Norte Dame and are in the sweet 16.

I know only what I read from his bio on their soccer coaches page--and from what I've seen off and on over the last few years, which is that Memphis plays good soccer. Monaghan has been their coach for 23 years---since 2000--and they've made the NCAA tourney 11 or 12 times and I think have mostly dominated the American Athletic Conference, or at least been the most consistently good program, for sure. He was the goalkeeper coach there for four years before getting the top job--so he's been a coach there for about 27 years--and he played soccer for Memphis as well.

To beat Notre Dame is impressive. Notre Dame has a very strong program--and they were a great scoring team last year (got knocked out by UNC in the NCAA). They lost their best scorers, and so while ND was good this year, the Irish weren't quite as good as last year.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
Compared to a number of teams in the tourney, we're not a very good scoring team. Hell, Nebraska's Dale as half as many goals as our entire team this year--maybe more than half. We will need better forward play. I hope we can put some pressure on the bugeaters and put some balls in the net. Winner plays the anteaters!

Brown with an absolutely lame cross--kicks it right to their keeper. Just bad.
Simmonds drives in on their goal and then tries some weak pass or shot with her left foot. Get yourself in position to shoot the ball
strongly.
Nelson had a cross--it was too long. We've got to be better when we get in the attacking third.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back