⚽️ Lady Vols Soccer

Other scores of interest :

St. Louis scores in the 88th minute to knock off Ole Miss in Oxford.
Samford takes out #4 seed Auburn 2-0 on the Plains.
1 seed Duke scored with 20 seconds left on a free kick right outside the box to advance.

…and the shocker of the tournament: UC Irvine takes down #2 UCLA- the only unbeaten team in Div. 1

Other scores of interest :

St. Louis scores in the 88th minute to knock off Ole Miss in Oxford.
Samford takes out #4 seed Auburn 2-0 on the Plains.
1 seed Duke scored with 20 seconds left on a free kick right outside the box to advance.

…and the shocker of the tournament: UC Irvine takes down #2 UCLA- the only unbeaten team in Div. 1
Whoa, surprising scores.

Reactions: kregman
Tennessee blanks Lipscomb, advances to second round of NCAA Tournament

The attendance for Friday’s game was 1,868, the second highest of the season at Regal Soccer Stadium.

“We gathered them right before they did their running to start the second half and we had them all turn around,” Pensky said. “We said ‘Look up, that’s pretty darn special. There are a lot of people here that came to support you tonight. Let’s give them a great freaking second half.’”

A perfect illustration of just how badly the NCAA screwed up the seeding trying desperately to cater to the PAC12, Big10, and ACC while screwing the SEC, delux. To put a band aide on their screw job they then seeded Alabama. LMOA.
I guest our sluggish start (Pensky said they had dead legs) doesn't look so bad considering some of these other games. I watched a little of the Michigan game if George is healthy our speed will give them fits, if she is not we have a tough row to hoe going forward. I have not seen us that mentally dead all year our passes going to no one in particular. We got it going middle of second half at least of course give Lipscomb some credit too they had a team mostly of transfers from bigger programs. The announcers said they don't have a single freshman recruit for next year yet.

Reactions: Rickster and MAD
I guest our sluggish start (Pensky said they had dead legs) doesn't look so bad considering some of these other games. I watched a little of the Michigan game if George is healthy our speed will give them fits, if she is not we have a tough row to hoe going forward. I have not seen us that mentally dead all year our passes going to no one in particular. We got it going middle of second half at least of course give Lipscomb some credit too they had a team mostly of transfers from bigger programs. The announcers said they don't have a single freshman recruit for next year yet.
Was there any update on George?

Nothing I have seen yet but I have zero insider knowledge it would be nice to know something though.
This was in the Knoxville paper.

Pensky knows Huff misses her old position a bit, but her role in the midfield in crucial. Part of her move up top was senior Mackenzie George's early exit from the game with a minor muscle injury.
"If she could probably hide me in a closet during games, and just go and play up top, she would," Pensky said. "Certainly as a freshman playing where she's played all season, and to have the kind of numbers she's had, it's a big deal."
George has played a significant role for Tennessee in the postseason and has six goals and nine assists this season. Pensky said she could have returned to the game if needed, but he kept her out as a precaution.

This was in the Knoxville paper.

Pensky knows Huff misses her old position a bit, but her role in the midfield in crucial. Part of her move up top was senior Mackenzie George's early exit from the game with a minor muscle injury.
"If she could probably hide me in a closet during games, and just go and play up top, she would," Pensky said. "Certainly as a freshman playing where she's played all season, and to have the kind of numbers she's had, it's a big deal."
George has played a significant role for Tennessee in the postseason and has six goals and nine assists this season. Pensky said she could have returned to the game if needed, but he kept her out as a precaution.
Good catch and good news. We all kinda know with our depth Huff is not in her normal position but it makes the overall team stronger at this point.

Reactions: HeadVol77 and MAD

VN Store

Back