'26 NC QB Faizon Brandon (Tennessee commit)

Imagine he puts on a Vols cap only to toss it and put on a bama. I kid I kid
nLkdZDSA.gif

What Made Faizon Brandon the No.1 QB in the 2026 Rankings?​

Ahead of Brandon’s commitment, Volquest caught up with On3 Director of Scouting and Rankings Charles Power to break down Brandon’s game, get his thoughts on a potential push for the No.1 overall spot in the rankings, and what kind of ceiling he has as a player.

“Faizon Brandon is a guy that we have known about for some time playing at a talent-producing high school in North Carolina,” Power said of helped Brandon get the top QB spot at this point. “He is one we have known about even before he became a full-time starter at Grimsley. He was working into the mix as a backup and you could see as a freshman how talented he was. He took over that full-time role as a sophomore, and I think for me, it was the combination of physical talent, arm talent, and his athleticism. I think among the top quarterbacks in 2026 when we were creating that initial On300, I went back and forth, but I really thought his upside and his athleticism combined with the arm talent and what he had put on film as a sophomore as a full-time starter kind of gave him the nod. I think we were the first ones to rank him as a No.1 quarterback in the 26 cycle. It seems like right now, he is the industry-rated top guy. I feel good where we are at with that, and since that time, he has only shown really well this off-season. We got to see him at multiple exposures at camps, and he showed really well.”

Can Faizon Brandon push for the No.1 overall spot?​

“I think what I would stress is Faizon Brandon is in pole position right now, and it is very early in the cycle from an evaluation standpoint,” Power said. “I think we have a different timeline than colleges. Tennessee had to make the decision on Faizon Brandon very early. There is a domino effect that happens at quarterback. We see most of these top 2026 quarterbacks off the board, and he was really one of the last ones left. For us, we extend this all the way through their senior year.”

“I think the biggest thing for me is he is a one-year starter. We are going to get to see him do a lot more as a Junior. He was throwing to a really talented supporting cast as a Sophomore. I am really excited to see what he does. I think he is going to be asked to carry that team, and I think what we have seen from him this off-season is really encouraging. If he has a fantastic Junior season and is still in that spot as the top quarterback, I think he would be in a really good spot to push for the number one overall ranking. The Junior season is going to be really informative, but as a one-year starter, that was really encouraging to make him the number one quarterback. We will come back to the middle of the Junior season and at the end of it when we refresh these rankings in January.”

Where can Brandon’s game go from here?​

“I think it is a great point (that he just turned 16 years old),” Power said of Brandon’s ceiling. “That is something we looked at when we were ranking him early. He is in many cases a full year younger than his peers among the top quarterbacks in the 2026 cycle. I think for him it is going to be continued physical maturation. I think doing more as a playmaker. He showed really encouraging flashes of that as a Sophomore, but I think continuing to expand his game and playing from within the pocket. He showed some really impressive throws over the middle of the field, but I think he has got to have more on his plate as a Junior. Just from an overall skillset perspective, he is very well-rounded with his arm talent, his accuracy, and his athleticism. I think just maintaining that continuous improvement overall. I don’t see a glaring hole in his game that I think he is going to have to improve. Just keep playing well, keep gaining experience and keep developing as a player.”

-Matt Ray

VN Store

Back