#1 Offensive Line in the SEC (ESPN)

Acknowledged that games are won in the trenches... acknowledged that Jones appears to be a better game coach than Dooley... yet many here think UT will be "lucky" to match Dooley's first year results.

I hope the OL is this good and produces 2 1000 yd rushers.

Reactions: 5 people
Acknowledged that games are won in the trenches... acknowledged that Jones appears to be a better game coach than Dooley... yet many here think UT will be "lucky" to match Dooley's first year results.

We may get 2 1000 yard rushers. I see our QB averaging only 15-20 passes per game this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Im trying very hard to keep my excitement for this season under control but I have a feeling we may be on the verge of something big this year

The offensive and defensive lines will both be amongst the best in the league IMO.

No reason our running backs shouldn't have an outstanding year. If they fail it is their own fault.

Would've been nice to have Green, Henry, or Thurman running behind this OL too.

All the above is true, but with 4 acclaimed QBs on the team, I just feel like at least one of them will step forward. Too much talent there for it not to be productive. Same is true of WR. Plenty of talent, just not proven on the field in the SEC yet. Somebody will step up. We're one LB and a couple of DBs from having a top team. Of course the biggest problem is depth. But if this team can avoid the injury bug, it will exceed expectations. I know that's a big IF.

I'm optimistic. We could have a chance for a Cinderella type season , or 6-6 , or worse. There is just no way to tell. We def have potential to win games. It wouldn't be smart to overlook the vols this year.

These guys are more of a human shield than they are bulldozers. The quarterback won't get touched often. Clowney had 1/4th of the sacks allowed last year.

DL among best in the league? Based on what? Certainly not anything they have shown up to now.

By amongst the best I mean top 4-5. But I just think depth is so important thru the season and we have a lot of bodies. They might not be All SEC guys, but have seen a lot of SEC play. I also think Daniel McCullers is gonna raise immortal hell this season. He and Couch...I'm buying in, you do what you want. McCullers, Couch, Obrien, Saulsbury, Hood. I think our lack of pass rush the past few years has actually had alot to do with lacking a consistent push up the middle. We've got quick edge guys, big boys in the middle, strongside guy...I think were gonna be proud of them. The wildcard being Stripling. I think our DL coach is a good one and he's gonna coach these boys up.

Best in the country not just the SEC, 3 or 4 of them boys will be playing on Sundays maybe all 5, we are bad to the bone with our OL.

By amongst the best I mean top 4-5. But I just think depth is so important thru the season and we have a lot of bodies. They might not be All SEC guys, but have seen a lot of SEC play. I also think Daniel McCullers is gonna raise immortal hell this season. He and Couch...I'm buying in, you do what you want. McCullers, Couch, Obrien, Saulsbury, Hood. I think our lack of pass rush the past few years has actually had alot to do with lacking a consistent push up the middle. We've got quick edge guys, big boys in the middle, strongside guy...I think were gonna be proud of them. The wildcard being Stripling. I think our DL coach is a good one and he's gonna coach these boys up.

:)Getting fired up, reading all this, think bang head in the wall or something.:banghead2:

All the above is true, but with 4 acclaimed QBs on the team, I just feel like at least one of them will step forward. Too much talent there for it not to be productive. Same is true of WR. Plenty of talent, just not proven on the field in the SEC yet. Somebody will step up. We're one LB and a couple of DBs from having a top team. Of course the biggest problem is depth. But if this team can avoid the injury bug, it will exceed expectations. I know that's a big IF.

After everything that has happened to this program over the last 6 years, coaching changes, issues off the field, close killer loses (LSU, NC, Bama in '09) maybe they are due just some good old fashion luck. People in key positions stay healthy, no one gets kicked off the team, we catch some big teams on a flat day and get some bounces and close calls that go our way. Law of averages says they are due.

Reactions: 2 people
We know they are good, and have been particularly good at pass blocking. I want to see them take over games with clock chewing, yard eating drives that take us to the tradition of "pounding the rock". Particularly those dominating 4th quarter running games. GBO.

VN Store

Back