10-2 Next year, What say you?

until we know when the sec part of the schedule is it is hard to determine. If we have Arky early, we have a chance to get the young players ready and could have a really good season. if we have tough SEC games early, we may struggle. I think that by mid-season we will be a pretty good team.

Reactions: volbound1700
8-4 should be the floor unless the bottom falls out of everything.

Florida should be a win but it’s Florida.

Oklahoma who knows. It’ll be a tough game for sure.

Bama is probably a loss but maybe we can get some more Neyland magic.

Georgia will definitely be a loss unless everything lines up perfectly and we get every single break in the game to go our way.

Optimistically I’d say 10-2 and split between Florida, Oklahoma, Bama and Georgia but 8-4 is probably where we’ll be.

7-5 would be a failed season imo.

Georgia will definitely be a loss unless everything lines up perfectly and we get every single break in the game to go our way.

Optimistically I’d say 10-2 and split between Florida, Oklahoma, Bama and Georgia but 8-4 is probably where we’ll be.

What are you smoking? 😂

Don’t look past NC State who is on track to win 10 games this season and will return more starters. Every team we play likely returns more starters.

7 to 9 wins would be my guess, tending towards the lower end unless some actual leaders on both sides of the ball emerge between now and September '24.

Wow didn’t realize we play Georgia Oklahoma, Bama and Florida in a row, WTH , that’s totally ridiculous. Lucky to get a win in the stretch. What’s 2025 look like, lol.
Look at the dates that are set, there’s 2 months between Kent St. and UTEP. There will be other games moved into that time frame.

The SEC has only revealed who we will play, not when. the only dates set are non-conference dates that were allowed by the SEC
What are they waiting on? They should at least know the week by now. Other conferences like the Big Ten know the week

What are they waiting on? They should at least know the week by now. Other conferences like the Big Ten know the week

Probably waiting on Nick to review it and make any edits that he desires.

Reactions: midnight orange
I want to see who we get in the portal, Who we keep, How our recruiting class finishes up, etc.

And while the expectations are high with Nico, he will still be a redshirt freshman. It may be a bit much to expect him to play as well as we all hope in year 1. Especially in the SEC. You may find the occassional young guy to have success like Drake Maye or Cade Klubnik, but that is in weaker conferences.

People are stupid to abandon Heupel right now. I hate the 8-4 record and same crap as much as everyone but change coaches would be the WORSE possible solution right now.
Agreed. That 10-2 year on paper shouldn’t have happened but it did and, while I agree there are some concerns, I’m nowhere near calling for Heupel to be let go. For the record, I don’t think Slice is either. I’m just giving him a hard time.

You need to hold off until you see what that o-line looks like. If all these guys leave, 7-5 will be a success story. Nico will be good, but with the possibility of a crappy o-line on the horizon, Nico may also be made to look like a 1-star prospect.

A lot will depend on what the O-line looks like and what the LB room looks like next year.

9-3 could be 10-2. I think this year's team is divided with Joe at QB. There is no leadership, no one to rally the troops when we get behind. With Joe gone, next year's team could come together and play with a purpose. It's been all about Joe this year and how far he can throw the ball. I'm tired of hearing it and I'm sure the team is too.

I believe this offense with Nico under center has a chance to be really special. WR is a concern but if Nico can make the easy throws that Joe is unable to for whatever reason, we have a chance to be really good barring injuries. Utilize the TE more next year, its obvious that CJH is hesitant to call pass plays over the middle of the field due to Joe's limitations.

Play complimentary football and take it one game at a time. Schedule actually sets up pretty well for us so I'm optimistic for 2024 and 2025 should be a playoff team. GBO!

The Georgia, Oklahoma, Bama stretch is pretty brutal but I like that we are finally playing Florida later in the season as they tend to taper off as the year goes on. Arky and Miss St. are very favorable matchups and we should handle Vandy, Kentucky and NC State along with the cupcakes. I'll go 9-3 with a possibility of 10-2. The nice part is with the playoff expanding, and given our SOS we could land ourselves a spot at 9-3 or 10-2.

...another trip through the wasteland that is mediocrity at 7-5 or 8-4... is the expectation now... so anything better would be a bonus.

Too early to tell. Need to see how teams close recruiting classes and what portal additions/departures there are.

VN Store

Back