10 Things generating the excitement for me...

I get jacked up with every step along the way. SEC media days in late July, freshmen reporting in early August, position battles through August camp, game week, predictions, then finally......KICKOFF!!

Reactions: 1 person
The smell of BBQ
The breeze by the river
The excitement in the air
The Vol Walk
The anticipation sitting/waiting in Neyland
The Pride of the Southland band is on the field
The T is formed
Out come the Vols
The roar of the masses

It's football time in Tennessee!

I'm excited about hearing Ricky from Sevierville on the "call in" show after the APSU game asking where UT should be ranked when the new poll comes out.

The smell of BBQ
The breeze by the river
The Vol Walk
The T is formed
Out come the Vols
The roar of the masses

I just got goosebumps reading that! Man! i wish it were Aug already!

The smell of BBQ
The breeze by the river
The Vol Walk
The T is formed
Out come the Vols
The roar of the masses

For a minute there, I forgot I was sitting at a computer at work. Only 93 days to go!

Road trips to Knoxville will include dinner at Sam & Andy's and dessert at Litton's. Reliving a bit of the past every fall.. If only Smokey Mountain market & Roman Room could reappear every football season.

Smoky Mountain Market. Now there is a memory. I remember on game day walking down the street and getting 4 hotdogs for a dollar. Awesome. Thanks. Miss those days.:rock:

It's going to be an awesome season---every season you have a new story and these guys with Butch have a chance to start our rebirth in college football. We've been down long enough college football is better when Tennessee is better!

Nothing in the world like it when the Big Orange is lining up in the tunnel and a fixing to race on the field threw the Big T and you think back when JOHN WARD would say Lady and Gentelman its FOOTBALL TIME IN TENNESSEE, and the big orange would storm on to the field, nothing in the world like it cold chills just thinking about it, now that football boys.

Dont wont to seem like the grinch, lets just get this season out of the way, keep this recruiting class together and move on to 2014 thats when you will see the Tennessee football team start climbing back to the top, this is going to be a long year got to hang in there and coach hold everything together and move on to 14.

Dont wont to seem like the grinch, lets just get this season out of the way, keep this recruiting class together and move on to 2014 thats when you will see the Tennessee football team start climbing back to the top, this is going to be a long year got to hang in there and coach hold everything together and move on to 14.

I think you missed the point of this thread

Reactions: 3 people
Every year there are different reasons to get excited about watching Tennessee play. Here is what is getting me excited about watching this year.

1.)Having a new coach that has a tradiTion of winning (along with his coaching style)

2.)A new QB besides Bray

3.)McCullers and the defense looks like it will be much improved (without Sal)

4.)Seeing what our offensive line can do

5.)Freak and his pick the score contest

6.)A.J. Johnson

7.) Reading daily things on Volnation helps to add to the excitement

8.)Believing that a bowl game is a realistic possibility this year

9.)Knowing how close a visit to Neyland Stadium is

10.)Home games (Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn, Vanderbilt)

:td:

8) I thought that every year was a bowl year.

2010 - We would have been in a higher bowl game, if not for the LSU debacle.

2011 - The loss to Kentucky cost us a 6 - 6 record, which would have put us in a bowl game.

2012 - The offense was good enough to put us in a major bowl game but the defense let us down.

thats when you will see the Tennessee football team start climbing back to the top,

In 2014, we will have lost 18 players on defense from graduation and 2 from the NFL. The 2 from the NFL will be juniors Maggitt & A.J. Johnson.

We will also lose 4 or 5 seniors to graduation on the offensive line and maybe we lose "Tiny" to the NFL.
We also lose a running back to graduation and kicker/punters.

So, 2014 will be a bigger re building project than the 2013 season.

Every year there are different reasons to get excited about watching Tennessee play. Here is what is getting me excited about watching this year.

1.)Having a new coach that has a tradiTion of winning (along with his coaching style)

2.)A new QB besides Bray

3.)McCullers and the defense looks like it will be much improved (without Sal)

4.)Seeing what our offensive line can do

5.)Freak and his pick the score contest

6.)A.J. Johnson

7.) Reading daily things on Volnation helps to add to the excitement

8.)Believing that a bowl game is a realistic possibility this year

9.)Knowing how close a visit to Neyland Stadium is

10.)Home games (Georgia, South Carolina, Auburn, Vanderbilt)

:td:
11.) Having the rash.

thats when you will see the Tennessee football team start climbing back to the top,

In 2014, we will have lost 18 players on defense from graduation and 2 from the NFL. The 2 from the NFL will be juniors Maggitt & A.J. Johnson.

We will also lose 4 or 5 seniors to graduation on the offensive line and maybe we lose "Tiny" to the NFL.
We also lose a running back to graduation and kicker/punters.

So, 2014 will be a bigger re building project than the 2013 season.

See the post that is two above your quoted one here. :ermm:

VN Store

Back