11 Men on the Field and the Clock

VOLS INC.

President/CEO
I don't know about you guys but one of the things i'll be watching for is how Butch and this staff handles the in-game management. We just watched 3 years of too many players on the field, players barely getting on the field in time for the snap, piss-poor clock management, wasted timeouts, not using timeouts, total confusion by the players on what play they are running etc.... there were so many times the coaches and players just looked lost in the moment. I feel very optimistic that we will see a more prepared team and staff under Butch!

Reactions: 11 people
We can get out-talented a few times this year and I'm ok with that. But I will become absolutely unhinged if we get out coached on things like clock and timeout management. Don't think that will happen, though.

Didn't someone have a thread where Butch was rated among the best on-field coaches in the country?

Reactions: 2 people
We can get out-talented a few times this year and I'm ok with that. But I will become absolutely unhinged if we get out coached on things like clock and timeout management. Don't think that will happen, though.

This +1000

We will get out talented a couple of times this year (Alabama, UGA, and possibly Oregon...even with out Kelly that O will be wicked), I got no problem with that...

We may get run over in the 4th quarter (i.e. our BIG horses might be out of gas late...see Oregon above), I doubt it, but I would be okay with that...

BUT one thing Butch WILL NOT, CAN NOT, and ABSOLUTELY MAY NOT do is be outcoached in a game situation (i.e. 4th down in the 4th quarter, let's take a knee and try to win in OT)

Reactions: 1 person
We will get out talented a couple of times this year (Alabama, UGA, and possibly Oregon...even with out Kelly that O will be wicked), I got no problem with that...

We may get run over in the 4th quarter (i.e. our BIG horses might be out of gas late...see Oregon above), I doubt it, but I would be okay with that...

BUT one thing Butch WILL NOT, CAN NOT, and ABSOLUTELY MAY NOT do is be outcoached in a game situation (i.e. 4th down in the 4th quarter, let's take a knee and try to win in OT)

Lol at 'possibly' Oregon

Reactions: 3 people

Hey; I got so Pissed last year when the Defense was standing around NOT getting line up ...ready for the play...then get smoked because they are still looking around...I was glad to see CBJ stop the open practice and make the defense come off the field and then HUSSLE back on...The whole stadium went crazy cheering

I don't think Dooley knew he was allowed to call time outs at the end of a half.

Lol at 'possibly' Oregon

seriously.

i can appreciate the optimism, but keep it realistic at least

I don't know about you guys but one of the things i'll be watching for is how Butch and this staff handles the in-game management. We just watched 3 years of too many players on the field, players barely getting on the field in time for the snap, piss-poor clock management, wasted timeouts, not using timeouts, total confusion by the players on what play they are running etc.... there were so many times the coaches and players just looked lost in the moment. I feel very optimistic that we will see a more prepared team and staff under Butch!

Yea, dang those rules. That play in LSU looked pretty good with 13 on the field, of course thinking about it, would of had same result with 9 on the field except we would have won. :)

VN Store

Back