11 Men on the Field and the Clock

At last The University of Tennessee made a decision to hire a football coach that can count and coach.

:hi:

None of us know yet,but IMO Coach Jones hasn't invested this much energy and work in trying to turn things around just to go out there and make juvenile decisions on the field. I'm looking forward to seeing his strategies and such, but I have a feeling we are going to see night and day differences in every aspect of game management. Good Times ahead:yes:

Reactions: 1 person
We've been watching our teams get out coached for a long time. Fulmer got out coached regularly from 2001 until he was fired. During the 90s, I watched Steve Spurrier run circles around our staffs. Our bowl performances were often pathetic, too. It'll be nice to have it the other way for once in a very looping time.

We've been watching our teams get out coached for a long time. Fulmer got out coached regularly from 2001 until he was fired. During the 90s, I watched Steve Spurrier run circles around our staffs. Our bowl performances were often pathetic, too. It'll be nice to have it the other way for once in a very looping time.
Till 2001 all he did was lead us to play in 3 NC games and then got out coached by Spurrier who out coached 99percent of the other coaches in the country, oh Phil was not worth a damn was he.:)

Reactions: 2 people
We will get out talented a couple of times this year (Alabama, UGA, and possibly Oregon...even with out Kelly that O will be wicked), I got no problem with that...

We may get run over in the 4th quarter (i.e. our BIG horses might be out of gas late...see Oregon above), I doubt it, but I would be okay with that...

BUT one thing Butch WILL NOT, CAN NOT, and ABSOLUTELY MAY NOT do is be outcoached in a game situation (i.e. 4th down in the 4th quarter, let's take a knee and try to win in OT)
Uhhh we will be out talented/depth by half the teams we play...

Hey; I got so Pissed last year when the Defense was standing around NOT getting line up ...ready for the play...then get smoked because they are still looking around...I was glad to see CBJ stop the open practice and make the defense come off the field and then HUSSLE back on...The whole stadium went crazy cheering

Yes I loved this. Attention to detail right there

there is no telling what is going to happen this year,i do expect there to be plays with to many players or not enough on the field,new coaches,new schemes,there is no telling what will happen,hopefully they will be far and between,but who knows

If we lose a number of games this year due to lack of talent / depth compared to others, that is OK coz Butch is closing that gap already.

If we lose coz we were out-schemed / out-coached, then that is something that will take more time for him to recover from.

If we lose a number of games this year due to lack of talent / depth compared to others, that is OK coz Butch is closing that gap already.

If we lose coz we were out-schemed / out-coached, then that is something that will take more time for him to recover from.

i agree to a certain extent,but it is a new year for both coaches and players,so there has to be a learning curve

VN Store

Back