12 team playoff

I am hoping Sec gets 5 teams in most years…any Sec team that is 10-2 should be guaranteed entry along with possibility of a strong 9-3 team. For next year I’d say Uga, Texas, and Bama are prob in. Followed by Ole Miss, Vols, Mizzou, Lsu and Oklahoma for 1-2 spots.

Last edited:
The way the SEC is setup now. I think undefeated seasons will be even harder, I dare say seeing 10-2/9-3 may become a thing in the SEC fighting to get into the PO with B1G teams being undefeated or 1 loss. Guess we'll have to see how the committee weighs SoS and even that needs some adjustment other than rankings
One thing for sure is GA isn't going to have it easy in 24

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Texas, Tenn, Ala, Ga, Oklahoma
BigTen gets Mich, OSU, USC , Washington
That leaves 3 spots one ACC, Big12 and of course a group of 5 sacrificial lamb to the Team who is number 5.

how many sec teams make next year's 12 team playoff?
Georgia, Alabama, Texas, Tennessee. Maybe Ole Miss, but I foresee a culture problem flop season brewing there.

Remember, there will only be 4 power conferences, so room for more from each conference. You’ll have 5 automatics with the G5 team + the P4 champs. That leaves 7 at-large. I could easily see the SEC getting 3-4 of those at large. Could work out as follows:

SEC: 5
B1G: 3
ACC: 2
B12: 1
G5: 1

The Big 12 will be weak.

Reactions: norrislakevol
Four. Tennessee, Ole Miss, Missouri, and Bama. No UGA next year,
Remember that one crazy-awesome year Arkansas recently had, Sam Pittman's first year, before it all came tumbling down again for them?

I think that's Mizzou. This year the stars aligned for them, they had a really great year...and next year they're back to mediocre.

So I agree four, but put UGa in place of the Tigers of the mid-west. And Texas or LSU in place of Ole Miss.

Go Vols!

Last edited:
Reactions: bpalmer28
UGA, Bama, Ole Miss and maybe Texas will make the 12 team playoff next year. Vols will go 8-4 again.

Not sure but I expect TN to be one of them. Nico and James Pearce are foundational pieces at two of the most important positions on the field.

Reactions: bpalmer28
Texas, Tenn, Ala, Ga, Oklahoma
BigTen gets Mich, OSU, USC , Washington
That leaves 3 spots one ACC, Big12 and of course a group of 5 sacrificial lamb to the Team who is number 5.
except uscWest. uscWest and ND are always overhyped and underperform. I'll go with 2 from the ACC: FSU and Clemson.
OkSt and a Kansas team from the B12. Maybe a Liberty or Boise State type Cinderella slips in.

Reactions: TheFlash1971
It’s not going to be as easy to make it in the playoff as some think. The guaranteed spot for a non power 5 school and conference championship game winners will lead to teams being left out that are ranked inside the top 10 some years. Guaranteeing spots prevents the actual 12 best and most deserving teams from getting in and leads to a watered down product.

VN Store

Back