138th Kentucky Derby

shelbyvillevol

#MakeTNGreatAgain
Quite possibly my favorite sporting event of the year. I watch every second of tv coverage that I can. I absolutely love it. I have yet to attend one, but I made myself a promise that I will at some point.

Bodemeister and Union Rags are currently the co-favorites at 9/2. Anyone going to do any wagering this Saturday? I've never gambled online, so if anyone knows of some good (and safe) sites, I'd be very interested.

I really like the horses that come from the Arkansas Derby. Oaklawn track is a great track to get them ready. It's deep and not so fast. When they get to Churchill they seem to be lightning fast. Besides with all the added money the past several years the level of horses have really gotten better.
Bodemeister ran away against a pretty good field in the Ark Derby winning by 9 1/2. I liked him before he was named favorite. I'm gonna use him but not sure who I'm gonna put him with.

I highly recomend yoy attend the Derby. I go every year. It's an amazing time. Tickets aren't hard to come by but hotel rooms are. My recomendation is a few months before the derby you get your rooms booked.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I really like the horses that come from the Arkansas Derby. Oaklawn track is a great track to get them ready. It's deep and not so fast. When they get to Churchill they seem to be lightning fast. Besides with all the added money the past several years the level of horses have really gotten better.
Bodemeister ran away against a pretty good field in the Ark Derby winning by 9 1/2. I liked him before he was named favorite. I'm gonna use him but not sure who I'm gonna put him with.

I highly recomend yoy attend the Derby. I go every year. It's an amazing time. Tickets aren't hard to come by but hotel rooms are. My recomendation is a few months before the derby you get your rooms booked.

I'm envious. I definitely plan to in the next few years. I know, since you attend, you have no use for it, but do you have online sites that you recomend?

I'm envious. I definitely plan to in the next few years. I know, since you attend, you have no use for it, but do you have online sites that you recomend?

I don't ever bet on line. But I do have friends who do and I know they use TwinSpires.com

Is Kentucky Downs in Franklin Ky.?

Quite possibly my favorite sporting event of the year. I watch every second of tv coverage that I can. I absolutely love it. I have yet to attend one, but I made myself a promise that I will at some point.

Bodemeister and Union Rags are currently the co-favorites at 9/2. Anyone going to do any wagering this Saturday? I've never gambled online, so if anyone knows of some good (and safe) sites, I'd be very interested.

I have always tried to catch the big three horse races every year. I don't really like it, but it's fun to watch for sone strange reason. I might even go to steeple chase this year, and see if it is appealing live. Looking forward to a great race, and I hope a massive underdog/horse wins.

I have always tried to catch the big three horse races every year. I don't really like it, but it's fun to watch for sone strange reason. I might even go to steeple chase this year, and see if it is appealing live. Looking forward to a great race, and I hope a massive underdog/horse wins.

Steeple chase on TV is like watching paint dry. But a ton of fun in person.

My advice is tailgate/party near the end of the course at steeple chase. You will see some serious wrecks. The horses and riders are tired. It's worth it. Take lots of booz and food. It's a blast.

Bodemeister is the favorite at 4/1 currently. I think he'll be a 3/1 favorite by post time. He got a really good draw getting the 6th post position. I'm looking at Take Charge Indy (with Calvin Borel) and Gemologist. I may let it ride on one of those 2.

VolBeef, what is your favorite bet? And what do you think is the best bet to make a buck on?

Bodemeister is the favorite at 4/1 currently. I think he'll be a 3/1 favorite by post time. He got a really good draw getting the 6th post position. I'm looking at Take Charge Indy (with Calvin Borel) and Gemologist. I may let it ride on one of those 2.

VolBeef, what is your favorite bet? And what do you think is the best bet to make a buck on?

I love Calvin but not on this years ride. I'm gonna put Bodemiester with a few different horses. I like as a long shot Sabercat. He's shown big improvements with each outing. SaberCat is a closer and Bodemeister is a speedster. I like having $ on both types. UnionRags is also a closer but I like Sabercat better.
I bet a lot of exactas and a few tri's.

My concern with Bodemeister is there's a lot of early speed in the field and he likes to run up front. If he burns up the I like Sabercat. But hell, it's the derby and with a field of 20 you never know.

I love Calvin but not on this years ride. I'm gonna put Bodemiester with a few different horses. I like as a long shot Sabercat. He's shown big improvements with each outing. SaberCat is a closer and Bodemeister is a speedster. I like having $ on both types. UnionRags is also a closer but I like Sabercat better.
I bet a lot of exactas and a few tri's.

My concern with Bodemeister is there's a lot of early speed in the field and he likes to run up front. If he burns up the I like Sabercat. But hell, it's the derby and with a field of 20 you never know.

That exact reason is why I'm going to stay away from Bodemeister. I'm thinking I'm going to roll with Gemologist. I like his post draw, and I think he'll settle in in a nice spot, and close strong.

That exact reason is why I'm going to stay away from Bodemeister. I'm thinking I'm going to roll with Gemologist. I like his post draw, and I think he'll settle in in a nice spot, and close strong.

I understand that thinking. But Mike Smith is a great Jock and I do believe Bodemeister is the best of the field. But 20 horses is to many and you never can tell what will happen.

Steeple chase on TV is like watching paint dry. But a ton of fun in person.

I for sure am going to see it in person. Only live about 25 mins from the one in Nashville anyhow

I refuse to look at the sport section today because of the Predators, so can anyone tell me when the main race is, what channel? I'm watching the undercard races now on NBCSP.

I for sure am going to see it in person. Only live about 25 mins from the one in Nashville anyhow

I refuse to look at the sport section today because of the Predators, so can anyone tell me when the main race is, what channel? I'm watching the undercard races now on NBCSP.

Pre-race action is on now(nbc). Race is at 6 on NBC. Im goin Gemologist 8-1 and one major underdog that I choose closer to race. Maybe Alpha 21-1 or Went the Day Well 26-1.

edit: 6et

Bob Costas is barely bigger than the jockeys he's interviewing.

Love the long walk to Churchill Downs. Derby morning: everyone dressed to kill, full of enthusiasm. Walk back: disheveled, drunk, destitute.
Pat Ford :lol:

He spent too much early trying to stay in front. I feel like if his jockey would have saved him some, he probably would have won going away.

Exactly. Mike Smith is a better jock than that. The worst ride of the day IMO goes to Julien Leparoux on Union Rags. He kept a good horse out of contention. The pace was perfect for him to close but he was so out of position he couldn't make a move. Terrible job.

Well I got back yesterday and can finally relax long enough to log on.
Up until the Derby race I was down $6.
On the Derby race I had about $40 spread across multiple horses, but luckily my biggest bet was on I'll Have Another. I also had a little on Dullahan. Ended up paying out $92. I'll take it.

Well I got back yesterday and can finally relax long enough to log on.
Up until the Derby race I was down $6.
On the Derby race I had about $40 spread across multiple horses, but luckily my biggest bet was on I'll Have Another. I also had a little on Dullahan. Ended up paying out $92. I'll take it.

Good job. You did better than most I'm sure. You definitely did better than me.

What do you think of I'll Have Another's chances at Pimlico in 2 weeks?

VN Store

Back