#16 LSU vs South Carolina

Same ref misssd two pass play calls consecutively.
Yes, but they were both overturned by the replay booth. There was a false start on SC that was hard to find ... and the penalty on the hit on Nussmeier wouldn't have been a call made 30 years ago. Times have changed. It's just best not to block the QB during an interception return. The QB will rarely end up making the tackle, anyway. That's probably the call most Cock fans are whining about.

Yes, but they were both overturned by the replay booth. There was a false start on SC that was hard to find ... and the penalty on the hit on Nussmeier wouldn't have been a call made 30 years ago. Times have changed. It's just best not to block the QB during an interception return. The QB will rarely end up making the tackle, anyway. That's probably the call most Cock fans are whining about.
It was a light hit that really shouldn’t be a penalty but the SC player knew he did something wrong with how he acted after.

Kelly was complaining about the blocked punt in the post game interview. He claims the guy who blocked punt jumped over LSU players

The SEC refs couldn’t have done much more to help LSU in this one. It makes me wonder about why USC’s athletic director abruptly retired, coinciding with the timing of the Stallions stuff.
The ‘22 game against us was fishy as hell with the Stallions stuff. I seem to remember someone on their staff having a tie to Stallions and us losing helped Michigan playoff chances. It was such a one off game where everything we called on defense seemed to be the worst call for the play. It was all very weird.

“I want to apologize to our fans. Thirteen penalties,” Beamer said in his postgame press conference. “Not going to win football games in the SEC with 13 penalties. I’m not sure if I’ve ever seen two defensive touchdowns come back because of penalties.”

VN Store

Back