2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

1) That's ridiculous and just an excuse trying to link the two sports together. They have nothing to do with each other and don't demand it for any other school. Plus, We bring much more to the basketball table than Memphis does to the football table. However, since I live in Memphis I would love to have a game here every other year.

2) Lol... I love this one.... Memphis don't give a damn about Louisville, it's not the 80's anymore. I live here and the team they hate the most is UT, it's not a secret, they are proud of it. You should see this place when they play UT compared to when they play Louisville, ask the local business owners too.... Check your facts, Parrish and everyone else said UT is the hardest sell out every time. It's a fact.

3) But you did when you lost 9 of the previous 12..... Either way, then why not play every year? Pastner and the president are scared and it looks week. Every fan I know wants them to play on both sides. The Memphis fans hate looking weak.

This is insane. I live in Memphis also and Louisville is by FAR their biggest rival in basketball. UT isn't even in the same hemisphere. Granted, they hate us, but UofL is a whole other level in terms of basketball rivals.

I agree Grizzz......if we are scheduling Western Carolina or UAB (before they were Shut down) then why not schedule Memphis in football....give the west Tennessee alumni a home game in football......doesn't make sense to not schedule Memphis periodically as long as they are division One

THIS!! I've never understood why other fans don't realize how great it would be as a UT fan to get to stay home one weekend and see us play, in front of MORE UT FANS THAN TIGER FANS, and have it count as a road game!!! We win the game, win a road game, get in front of recruits, and build the bridge to fans. Makes zero sense.

This is insane. I live in Memphis also and Louisville is by FAR their biggest rival in basketball. UT isn't even in the same hemisphere. Granted, they hate us, but UofL is a whole other level in terms of basketball rivals.

Exactly, thank you. CWGvol needs to take off the orange glasses and look around. We've played Louisville 85 times and UT 25. Only casual fans who only watched the 2008 season think UT is Memphis' biggest rival.

Reactions: 1 person

That hasn't been my experience. They'll deny it but most hate UT and UK more than any other.

THIS!! I've never understood why other fans don't realize how great it would be as a UT fan to get to stay home one weekend and see us play, in front of MORE UT FANS THAN TIGER FANS, and have it count as a road game!!! We win the game, win a road game, get in front of recruits, and build the bridge to fans. Makes zero sense.

It is always great for us, as fans who live in Memphis. But you have to look at it through the school's view. They also want basketball. They also don't want to give up a home game. With the new scheduling requirements, it will be difficult to schedule a road game at Memphis. Have to play a power 5 team out of conference and most are neutral games. That means the other 3 out of conference games will be at home.

Exactly, thank you. CWGvol needs to take off the orange glasses and look around. We've played Louisville 85 times and UT 25. Only casual fans who only watched the 2008 season think UT is Memphis' biggest rival.

It doesn't matter that they have only played 25 times because there is more to it than the number of games played. It has to do with East TN versus West TN. I don't care to debate if Louisville is a bigger rival, but UM and UT is a big rivalry that doesn't get played every year. I went to both schools. Some Memphis fans like to downplay the rivalry, and then they boast more than ever when they win. It means a lot.

As you can see, simply not true... They aren't even the second most hated team. As pointed out already, that's Kentucky.

How is that orange glasses? You're just wrong. Like I said ask the local businesses which game is bigger. Has nothing to do with how many times they have played or 2008. It's just the general Memphis/UT hate.

That hasn't been my experience. They'll deny it but most hate UT and UK more than any other.

True, except my experience is they are proud to pronounce their hate. I live and work here and they talk about is how they hate UK and UT. Never hear Louisville.

Yeah Louisville may not even be top 5 anymore.

Anyone who would deny that UT is not at or equal to the top of the list of schools that Memphis LITERALLY HATES is on crack or doesn't understand what's going on...I've seen people I just met with pleasantries turn like a possessed moron toward me when they learn I'm a UT fan and that's happened often (even at church)...THEY (generally speaking) TAKE IT PERSONAL!!!
And what really flashes them to the point of passing out is when I tell them I don't hate the Tigers at all....in fact...I go to several Vols games throughout the year but because I have so many close friends that are huge contributors to the UM program I go to several Tiger games with them using their season tickets...talking 5 rows back, center court....Now I must admit I really don't care whether they win or lose...I just enjoy the game

A big difference in being the biggest rival and being the most hated. I live in a Memphis suburb and there is no question. Memphis hates UT by far more than Louisville or any other team. We aren't the biggest rival but we are much more hated. Maybe envy is the culprit. They can't stand for anything good to happen for UT.

Reactions: 2 people
A big difference in being the biggest rival and being the most hated. I live in a Memphis suburb and there is no question. Memphis hates UT by far more than Louisville or any other team. We aren't the biggest rival but we are much more hated. Maybe envy is the culprit. They can't stand for anything good to happen for UT.

You're spot on cause you gotta play somebody to be their rival...

Well said my friend, well said!

why would CRB reach out when we can't sign him ? Didn't they put us on a restricted list or something?

VN Store

Back