2013 Tennessee Volunteer Positional Breakdown: Runningback

5-7 doesn't...

That had nothing to do with anyone who played on the O side of the ball except for Bray's chokes... which even I acknowledge would not have occurred had the D not given up so many points to constantly put him in pressure situations.

Poor blocking by the WR's.

Hunter was protecting his assets. CP for all the great things he did with the ball was often didn't even try to run block. I remember him numerous times becoming a spectator while the guy he was supposed to be blocking helped stop a run for short yardage that could have been bounced outside.

ZR was a good run blocker. Dallas was said to be the best run blocker on the team so his return is more important than most think right now.
This. Was about to post same thing. Long runs require WR'S to block safties. CP was outstanding but don't think he or JH took much pride in blocking

That had nothing to do with anyone who played on the O side of the ball except for Bray's chokes... which even I acknowledge would not have occurred had the D not given up so many points to constantly put him in pressure situations.

The overall record has everything to do with all parts of the football team. That's why it's a team and not to halves that share the field.

The defense sucked, I can't argue that; however, the Vandy game is a true example of how the Offense had something to do with it, clearly.

And yes, the coaching sucked the life out of each.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Neal and Lane evolve into Cobb/Webb 2.0. And, just when the opposing defense thought they just couldn't stand any more, see Hill come in and kick the rest of their teeth down their throat!!!

It might or might not happen, but a VOL's gotta believe!!!

Go Vols!!![/QUOTE/

You is dreaming son. Once in a blue moon, and only one season then.

I would absolutely LOVE to see Neal and Lane evolve into Cobb/Webb 2.0. And, just when the opposing defense thought they just couldn't stand any more, see Hill come in and kick the rest of their teeth down their throat!!!

It might or might not happen, but a VOL's gotta believe!!!

Go Vols!!![/QUOTE/

You is dreaming son. Once in a blue moon, and only one season then.

Yep, possibly dreaming, but with orange glasses on, glass half full of orange kool aid in hand, and silver lining in tow, I stick with my statement...It might or might not happen, but a VOL's gotta believe!!!

Go Vols!!! :clapping:

Last edited:
B is way to high. Remember, they've ben running behind that O-line that most believe is the SEC's best and still haven't done squat. Lane is slow, and Neal thinks he has the speed to beat anyone on the perimeter so he bounces most of his runs outside. They wouldn't start on any SEC team outside of Kentucky and Missouri. C-

This is all so true! I am still waiting to see if this O Line can indeed run block.....something they haven't proven to anyone so far

Neal had four carries of 20+ yards. It was a shame he was injured against MSU, because he seemed to be finding a groove.

Lane and Neal should do will with the spread opening up holes and tiring out defenses. Hill will be a bulldozer to wear um down in the middle. And maybe Pig can finally run a reverse for some big yardage.

I'm afraid it's somewhat wishful thinking. If those guys couldn't excel last year with a passing game spreading out the defense, what's going to happen this year with them running against 8 all the time?

I agree with this guy 100% last year with a very real threat of a good passing game they did not do much .It took Patterson taking a hand off from the wr position to run 165 yards in one carry to get 75 or 80 yards down field. Take Patterson and his rushing stats away and the run game was not that successful .And one guy said Cobb/Webb 2.0. Cobb and Webb both were better by themselves than both these guys. I went and watched a lot of UT games back in the days of Cobb and Webb .Cobb was the best back to ever put on Orange but he got injured and was never the same and Webb had the best game I saw ever live against Ole Miss he ran for 296 and he also got injured at one point early in career .I like Lane and Neal but they could not carry those guys jock straps.and had great backs as co starters or back ups.

i say our passing game will deside the overall rank of our running game. if ole woorley or petterman can get it done then easlily a 1000 yrd year and a solid B+ to an A grade.

I agree with this guy 100% last year with a very real threat of a good passing game they did not do much .It took Patterson taking a hand off from the wr position to run 165 yards in one carry to get 75 or 80 yards down field. Take Patterson and his rushing stats away and the run game was not that successful .And one guy said Cobb/Webb 2.0. Cobb and Webb both were better by themselves than both these guys. I went and watched a lot of UT games back in the days of Cobb and Webb .Cobb was the best back to ever put on Orange but he got injured and was never the same and Webb had the best game I saw ever live against Ole Miss he ran for 296 and he also got injured at one point early in career .I like Lane and Neal but they could not carry those guys jock straps.and had great backs as co starters or back ups.

So very true, unfortunately!

VN Store

Back