2014 Opener. Utah State Aggies.

Good - I prefer a game like this to open the season. Makes it more exciting.

I'll be honest, I'm not excited about the Austin Peay game this year. I'll enjoy watching our players, but the game itself should largely be a snore. The only things I'll be concerned about is can our defense get them off the field quickly (unlike against G. State last year) and how efficiently does our offense execute? That may be the difference between winning 51-13 and winning 70-0.

SIAP: Ran across this article on Twitter and thought I'd post it: Vols to open 2014 season vs. Utah State | CollegeFootballTalk

Not sure about our originally arranged opener vs UT-Chattanooga, but I think I'll enjoy watching this one better. Utah State will get the first look at the Legend Class we're putting together. I love it.

Good. I wish we would cut out all the FCS schools from our schedule. Utah State has been a pretty decent team of late.

Reactions: 1 person
Good. I wish we would cut out all the FCS schools from our schedule. Utah State has been a pretty decent team of late.

They've been really good the last few years, but Gary Anderson leaving for Wisconsin probably ended that run. Hard to imagine a school like that hiring two good coaches in a row.

Utah State?

WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/ARpzavb7PQk[/youtube]

Reactions: 4 people
Does Utah State run a triple-option? It seems like triple-option teams have given us fits in the past.

aint that the truth. took us 3 shots to get it . sorry was responding to boston vols statement

Last edited:
SIAP: Ran across this article on Twitter and thought I'd post it: Vols to open 2014 season vs. Utah State | CollegeFootballTalk

Not sure about our originally arranged opener vs UT-Chattanooga, but I think I'll enjoy watching this one better. Utah State will get the first look at the Legend Class we're putting together. I love it.

This game was already on the schedule, just in November. I believe UTC and Utah St. just flip on the schedule.

That's pretty awesome

Its first and only thing I think of when I hear Utah State (well that, and them putting the fear of God into Auburn a couple years back).

I was randomly watching one of their basketball games a few years ago and cracked up when I saw that.

They've been really good the last few years, but Gary Anderson leaving for Wisconsin probably ended that run. Hard to imagine a school like that hiring two good coaches in a row.

Probably not. Plus that good QB they have will be gone by then, right?

Utah State?

WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM WINNING TEAM LOSING TEAM

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/v/ARpzavb7PQk[/youtube]

I like the versions that end with the Scoreboard chant. But in college this is impressive.

Its still on the schedule!

UTC at UT-Oct. 11, 2014

"Originally set for the season opener on Aug. 30, the UT-UTC game is now scheduled for Oct. 11 in Knoxville."

I see nothing wrong with playing FCS schools and by the way Chattanooga plays at Alabama this November!

Yawn, I'd much rather see us play Cal, Washington, Northwestern, Kansas State, Arizona, etc. Those would all be winnable games, but against respectable teams.

Yawn, I'd much rather see us play Cal, Washington, Northwestern, Kansas State, Arizona, etc. Those would all be winnable games, but against respectable teams.

Have you watched KState lately? I don't think I would lump them into that group.

VN Store

Back