2020 Presidential Race

Wow, you dusted that comment off! That headline is misleading though. Covenant has some long haul routes that require drivers to be out for a couple weeks at a time. It used to be, on a percentage basis, the long haul companies paid way more than the local companies but wages have gotten so high in trucking that $15K more doesn’t have the same impact. I’ve seen some local crude oil haulers make way more than $70K and they’re home in bed every night. Some make so much they can hire a driver to run their truck second shift and pay that second driver $70K. So companies like Covenant either have to figure out how to get drivers home more often, pay more, or some combination of both. My oldest son is 14 and I’m already telling him he doesn’t have to go to college if he doesn’t want to do so. He’s super smart so we shall see what he wants to do. Go into a trade, drive a truck, go to college, whatever, it’s up to him.

Wow, you dusted that comment off! That headline is misleading though. Covenant has some long haul routes that require drivers to be out for a couple weeks at a time. It used to be, on a percentage basis, the long haul companies paid way more than the local companies but wages have gotten so high in trucking that $15K more doesn’t have the same impact. I’ve seen some local crude oil haulers make way more than $70K and they’re home in bed every night. Some make so much they can hire a driver to run their truck second shift and pay that second driver $70K. So companies like Covenant either have to figure out how to get drivers home more often, pay more, or some combination of both. My oldest son is 14 and I’m already telling him he doesn’t have to go to college if he doesn’t want to do so. He’s super smart so we shall see what he wants to do. Go into a trade, drive a truck, go to college, whatever, it’s up to him.
College is overrated.

Don't let him get into a truck.

Don't let him get into a truck.
No danger there if I’m guessing. He won’t go into a trade either. I just don’t want him thinking college is the only path. Now if he ultimately wants a desk job in corporate America (how exciting does that sound!?) then yes he needs to get a degree. There are more options out there though.

I have huge respect for truck drivers though. Most of my career has been working with trucking companies and I also had family ties to trucking. Even my first job was with a trucking company back when I was very young. I spent the summer changing oil, washing trucks, sweeping out the backs (box trucks), etc. Are you a driver? I’ve seen you mention drivers before.

No danger there if I’m guessing. He won’t go into a trade either. I just don’t want him thinking college is the only path. Now if he ultimately wants a desk job in corporate America (how exciting does that sound!?) then yes he needs to get a degree. There are more options out there though.

I have huge respect for truck drivers though. Most of my career has been working with trucking companies and I also had family ties to trucking. Even my first job was with a trucking company back when I was very young. I spent the summer changing oil, washing trucks, sweeping out the backs (box trucks), etc. Are you a driver? I’ve seen you mention drivers before.

No, I’m not a driver. Have had my CDL since the 90s but other than a couple times a year I don’t get behind the wheel.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Husband accused of killing missing mom Suzanne Morphew cast a fraudulent vote on her behalf for Trump: Told FBI 'she would have voted for him and Everyone Was Cheating in the election Anyway'

The husband suspected of killing missing Colorado mother Suzanne Morphew has now been charged with voter fraud after he submitted a mail-in ballot voting for President Trump in his wife's name five months after she vanished.

Morphew, who is already being held without bail, has now been charged with forgery over the mail-in ballot he allegedly submitted in his wife's name for last year's election.

Suzanne Morphew's husband Barry charged over mail-in ballot in his missing wife's name | Daily Mail Online

California Governor hopeful Caitlyn Jenner REFUSES to admit Trump lost the election during fiery clash on The View

Caitlyn Jenner, the former reality television star who is running for governor of California, has refused to say that Donald Trump lost the recent election, instead praising the ex-president as a ‘disrupter.’

Jenner, who is one of more than a dozen Republicans who have either said they would run or are thinking about running to replace Democrat Gavin Newsom in Sacramento, appeared on ABC’s The View on Thursday.

44069275-9673519-image-a-32_1623345952086.jpg

Caitlyn Jenner REFUSES to admit Trump lost the election during fiery clash on The View | Daily Mail Online

California Governor hopeful Caitlyn Jenner REFUSES to admit Trump lost the election during fiery clash on The View

Caitlyn Jenner, the former reality television star who is running for governor of California, has refused to say that Donald Trump lost the recent election, instead praising the ex-president as a ‘disrupter.’

Jenner, who is one of more than a dozen Republicans who have either said they would run or are thinking about running to replace Democrat Gavin Newsom in Sacramento, appeared on ABC’s The View on Thursday.

44069275-9673519-image-a-32_1623345952086.jpg

Caitlyn Jenner REFUSES to admit Trump lost the election during fiery clash on The View | Daily Mail Online

What’s a Caitlyn?

DOJ subpoenas Georgia Republican Party chairman as it expands Trump fake elector probe

(CNN) Federal investigators subpoenaed the Georgia Republican Party chairman for information related to the fake elector scheme there -- as the Justice Department has issued a fresh round of subpoenas to people from several states who acted as rogue electors after the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources familiar with the situation told CNN.

The subpoena for the chairman, David Shafer, represents a significant step because he played a central role in organizing the fake slate of electors from Georgia and coordinated the effort with the Trump campaign.

The focus on Shafer also comes as sources tell CNN the Justice Department subpoenaed Trump electors this week in Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- all states that former President Donald Trump lost.

DOJ subpoenas Georgia Republican Party chairman as it expands Trump fake elector probe - CNNPolitics

DOJ subpoenas Georgia Republican Party chairman as it expands Trump fake elector probe

(CNN) Federal investigators subpoenaed the Georgia Republican Party chairman for information related to the fake elector scheme there -- as the Justice Department has issued a fresh round of subpoenas to people from several states who acted as rogue electors after the 2020 presidential election, multiple sources familiar with the situation told CNN.

The subpoena for the chairman, David Shafer, represents a significant step because he played a central role in organizing the fake slate of electors from Georgia and coordinated the effort with the Trump campaign.

The focus on Shafer also comes as sources tell CNN the Justice Department subpoenaed Trump electors this week in Georgia, Michigan and Pennsylvania -- all states that former President Donald Trump lost.

DOJ subpoenas Georgia Republican Party chairman as it expands Trump fake elector probe - CNNPolitics

Salacious conspiracies are allowed on one side but not the other..The DOJ is nothing but a partisan operative....$40M later and they had nothing,Try and try gain little engine that could.

Lindsey Graham and Rudy Giuliani among Trump allies hit with SUBPOENAS by Fulton County in its Criminal Investigations into ex-president's 'interference' in the 2020 election - including his 'find the votes' phone call

A grand jury in Atlanta, Georgia, on Tuesday subpoenaed Rudy Giuliani, Lindsey Graham and other Trump allies as it continues its criminal investigation of interference in the 2020 election.

The names targeted include lawyers and advisers including John Eastman, Kenneth Cheesebro and Jenna Ellis who worked on strategies to overturn Joe Biden's win in key swing states.

It shows that the investigation has moved to Trump's inner circle.

Copies of the subpoenas, signed off by Fulton Superior Court Judge Robert McBurney and obtained by the Atlanta Journal-Constitution, also list conservative lawyer and activist Cleta Mitchell as well as attorney and podcast host Jacki Pick.

Lindsey Graham and Rudy Giuliani among Trump allies hit with SUBPOENAS by Fulton County | Daily Mail Online

VN Store

Back