2023 Recruiting

And it would be a great class if we got 3 or 4 of these, at least a top 5 class if not higher.
Another thought about this is that I imagine most if not all the top recruits really want to be on a team that could potentially win a championship. Given that we are losing so much talent after this year, I do imagine at least some of them are hoping that they would be part of a great recruiting class if they come here. Not having anyone committed yet certainly can't help in this regard. So, I think it is possible that once we get one on board (come on Booker), it is more likely that others will follow. I like Dominos :cool:!

Another thought about this is that I imagine most if not all the top recruits really want to be on a team that could potentially win a championship. Given that we are losing so much talent after this year, I do imagine at least some of them are hoping that they would be part of a great recruiting class if they come here. Not having anyone committed yet certainly can't help in this regard. So, I think it is possible that once we get one on board (come on Booker), it is more likely that others will follow. I like Dominos :cool:!

2023 CLASS still considering …,,

* Aaliyah Del Rosario 6’6” Post Webb/Tn. Visit 7/22? ranked #8 Hoopgurlz and #23 Prospective nation.

* Madison Booker 6’1” Wing Ms. visit 8/22 ranked #15 Hoopgurlz and #10 Prospect Nation.

* Smyya Nichols 6’0” Wing Ks. Visit 8/22 ranked #21 Hoopgurlz and #24 Prospect Nation.

* Angelica Velez 5’7” PG. Webb/Tn. Visit 7/22 ranked #36 Hoopgurlz and #21 Prospect Nation

* Delaney Thomas 6’2” Forward Dc. Visit 9/21 ranked #19 Hoopgurlz

* Kymora Johnson 5’7” Guard Va. visit 7/22? ranked #30 Hoopgurlz .

* Cori Allen 5’10” Guard Tn. Visited ranked #93 Hoopgurlz .

Special Note : Prospect Nation only shows the top 25 recruits! We have two of these ladies visiting this weekend! I would love to have 2-3 of these recruits….. Time for our coaches to go to work….. bring ‘‘em in… 🙏

Last edited:
Playing for Kara is a gamble right now if you ask me. I love her so much and she’s one of my favs. Haven’t been at all impressed with how Duke has looked the last two seasons.

I know it’s gonna take time, but they looked eerily similar to Holly teams.
Kara was a great player and a talented broadcaster, but coaching requires different skills --- I wish her a modest amount of success.

ADR
Madison Booker
Anjelica Velez
Delaney Thomas

I would love if we could get these 4 to come in and play under the Juniors/Seniors we’ll be returning after this upcoming season

Powell/Miles/Velez/E. Darby
Wynn/T. Darby/Booker
Suarez/Puckett
Pissott/Puckett/Striplin/Thomas
Hollingshead/Striplin/ADR

Last edited:
Nichols is number 24 on the Hoopsville list but she was one of the top two point guards at the Nike tourney. She can really light it up offensively. I know she has the acl but if she wants to be a Lady Vol she is the point guard you want. If ADR and Velez are a package deal then of course you take them otherwise Nichols before the injury was one of the top two or three point guards in the country regardless of what Hoopgurlz ratings say. Booker had a terrible Nike tourney shot 23 percent. She did a lot better in the fiba tourney. She has a lot of talent that needs some developing mainly on offense. Her defense is outstanding. Johnson can shoot the three think she would be a fabulous two guard even though she is playing point now. I think she shoots from long range over 40 percent better that Pissott's 37 coming out of high school. I think we would take four If Velez and ADR are a package deal you take them and Booker because she is going to be a power player that can play defense. Number four if you went there would be Nichols or one of the others Johnson or Thomas. Allen has not impressed me at all a lot of shooting not much scoring.

I could be happy with Nichols, Booker, Johnson, and Thomas if ADR decides against us. That would put us at 13 and we would need to hunt another big post in the portal. Hopefully ADR comes our way, but we still have players that are elite at their position if she decides not to be a Lady Vol.

If I could just choose four no strings attached then ADR, Nichols, Booker, and Johnson would be my choices.

🙏🤞

Reactions: chuckiepoo
It would be nice to get someone to verbal to us....
Got a ball, need a ball player...
Commit.jpg

On these upcoming visits it has to happen I would think. If they all get out of Knoxville without anyone committing we may be looking portal again.

Depends on whether they have other visits planned. Yeah, it would be great if we got commitments while they're here, but I certainly wouldn't lose any hope if noone is an "on-the-spotter" as I call them. Hang in there, Volfan! Tennessee is in excellent position.

Depends on whether they have other visits planned. Yeah, it would be great if we got commitments while they're here, but I certainly wouldn't lose any hope if noone is an "on-the-spotter" as I call them. Hang in there, Volfan! Tennessee is in excellent position.
yep
not worried

No because still think were in good shape with Del Rosario and Velez but I would think Booker would be ready to commit on this visit.

No because still think were in good shape with Del Rosario and Velez but I would think Booker would be ready to commit on this visit.

Well, yeah, I do see your point on Booker in particular. Since she has visited a number of times already, of all our prospects I'd have to believe she surely knows by now if Tennessee is right for her or not. I don't think she'd keep coming around if she wasn't attracted to the energy, so I have the highest hopes for Booker becoming a Lady Vol. Fingers crossed!

I'm also optimistic about Booker. I'm pretty sure when she last visited in late February, Rickea was on a visit as well. Think they both were at TBA for the LSU game.

Hoping she picks up on the championship vibes and sees the role she can play in keeping us in the elite category -- especially after the season we're about to have.

VN Store

Back