2024 EURO & COPA AMERICA

My soccer coaches from the Millington Navy base when I was 10-11 should be hired.

They taught me a lot of new words.

Reactions: YankeeVol
Thoughts after last night:

The facts that we wouldn't have advanced anyway yesterday, nor did we deserve to, makes it so easy to swallow the officiating.

IDK what to do about Berhalter. I've been following US soccer for 20 years and nobody's ever happy with the coach for any length of time, and they're all the same. Tell me we can get an elite coach, OK, fine. Musical chairs with guys that never make any meaningful difference? Nah. How about some continuity? He won the gold cup. Advanced out of group stage in the WC. We flopped in Copa America because Weah pulled a David Beckham. This result is not on Berhalter. I think our expectations are too high if we think we should fire a coach with this tournament resume. All that being said, I realize a lot of you know way more about soccer and the team than I do. Just my $0.02

I can't believe we're hosting the world cup on the heels of this tournament. I guess we got the Confederations Cup for a chance at redemption prior to the WC?

Reactions: theFallGuy
Reactions: theFallGuy
Thoughts after last night:

The facts that we wouldn't have advanced anyway yesterday, nor did we deserve to, makes it so easy to swallow the officiating.

IDK what to do about Berhalter. I've been following US soccer for 20 years and nobody's ever happy with the coach for any length of time, and they're all the same. Tell me we can get an elite coach, OK, fine. Musical chairs with guys that never make any meaningful difference? Nah. How about some continuity? He won the gold cup. Advanced out of group stage in the WC. We flopped in Copa America because Weah pulled a David Beckham. This result is not on Berhalter. I think our expectations are too high if we think we should fire a coach with this tournament resume. All that being said, I realize a lot of you know way more about soccer and the team than I do. Just my $0.02

I can't believe we're hosting the world cup on the heels of this tournament. I guess we got the Confederations Cup for a chance at redemption prior to the WC?
Just my .02 but I don’t think many USMNT fans actually expect a Klopp / Pep type hire. I think we would just like someone competent. Going up 1-0 against run of play against Panama with 10 men, Berhalter should’ve immediately brought on Musah and parked the bus. Not doing so was criminal. The handling of Reyna in previous WC was criminal albeit his parents hands are not clean either. I’ve never been a fan of his tactics, subs or management.

The federation is partly to blame too. Not many fan bases are going to stomach a coach being fired / contract not being renewed to only be rehired yet again. And they did such without even contacting or giving guys like Jesse Marsch a chance. To me this just adds fuel to the fire.

Reactions: Nash_Vol97
Just my .02 but I don’t think many USMNT fans actually expect a Klopp / Pep type hire. I think we would just like someone competent. Going up 1-0 against run of play against Panama with 10 men, Berhalter should’ve immediately brought on Musah and parked the bus. Not doing so was criminal. The handling of Reyna in previous WC was criminal albeit his parents hands are not clean either. I’ve never been a fan of his tactics, subs or management.

The federation is partly to blame too. Not many fan bases are going to stomach a coach being fired / contract not being renewed to only be rehired yet again. And they did such without even contacting or giving guys like Jesse Marsch a chance.

This is too much

To call it criminal is too much. We don't even know if it even made a difference.
Agree to disagree. It seemed like a pretty logical path forward in the moment. Dempsey and Lalas echoed basically the same thing. I believe it was Dempsey who said those were the type of games Musah was meant for. It might not have changed the outcome but it would’ve definitely given us a better chance to get a much needed result.

Agree to disagree. It seemed like a pretty logical path forward in the moment. Dempsey and Lalas echoed basically the same thing. I believe it was Dempsey who said those were the type of games Musah was meant for. It might not have changed the outcome but it would’ve definitely given us a better chance to get a much needed result.

I just look at it like he only had 4 minutes to make the substitution. What if the thought was "If I can get to the 35th minute, then Musah only has to play at breakneck speed for 55 minutes."

It's crazy the goal happened right away like that, on a somewhat lucky bounce.

Reactions: VolsLFC
I mean is this normal? Don't know if players shake hands with refs after games or not, but seems like a dick move by the ref

I read that Pulisic gestured for the ref to join the celebrating players from Uruguay before going over to them to shake hands.

Wasn’t Austria supposed to be Englands toughest opponent on that side of the bracket to get to the finals?
Turkey 1
Austria 0
Halftime

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back