2024 Presidential Race

60 Minutes host tells Kamala Harris 'we're dealing with the real world' during grilling on how she will get a key policy through Congress​

Kamala Harris appeared to struggle to explain her economic policies and how she will get them through Congress in an interview with CBS' 60 Minutes.

'My plan is about saying that when you invest in small businesses, you invest in the middle class, and you strengthen America's economy. Small businesses are part of the backbone of America's economy,' she said.

But when CBS' Bill Whitaker continued to grill her what her plan does and how she would pay for it, Harris didn't offer any specifics, just staying she knew unnamed lawmakers agreed with her.

'I'm going to make sure that the richest among us who can afford it, pay their fair share in taxes. It is not right that teachers and nurses and firefighters are paying a higher tax rate than billionaires and the biggest corporations. And I plan on making that fair,' she said.

'But we're dealing with the real world here,' Whitaker told her, asking her how she would get it approved by Congress.

'You know, when you talk quietly with a lot of folks in Congress, they know exactly what I'm talking about, because their constituents know exactly what I'm talking about. Their constituents are those firefighters and teachers and nurses,' Harris replies.

1728321866558.png

She also talks about creating an 'opportunity economy' for Americans to buy their first home or start a business.

Well, FDR following Hoover had something like a 95% gain in his first year in office, I am sure that helps skew the numbers run "since 1928." (Wonder why this year was chosen as the starting date, huh?)
And the first year of a dimocrat administration is usually reaping the benefits of the previous Republican Administration’s pro growth policies. Takes a few months for the Marxists to kill the golden goose

Reactions: CagleMtnVol

VN Store

Back