2024 Recruiting Thread

Vandy was 17-2 and was tied for 2nd in SEC with Tennessee, so I guess you can’t say we haven’t beat anyone good in the SEC.😆

After watching each team, I honestly don’t see how Auburn and Mississippi State played so poorly to lose to Vanderbilt.
Auburn and Mississippi State are good teams when they play their best.
Vandy is not a good team.
The flopping won’t get them very far.
There’s not much talent on Vandy’s roster and they are too small.
Best thing Vandy, Miss State, Ole Miss, and Texas A&M has going for them is their non-conference schedule.
I’m okay being in the minority on recruiting because I would do the same as this staff in regards of not bringing in players that top priorities are promised playing time and/or NIL deals.
The transfer portal recruiting has been successful and one of the best in the entire country!
The change that the coach has to make and the one that has caused a setback three years in a row is the non-conference schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: vols90

And the game against Team USA in hindsight should be rejected in the future.
Too much stress on the players to start a season in my opinion.
Do that over the summer.. or for a better outcome let the AmeriCup team of college players face off with the National Team.
After that our leading scorer only played in what two games over about two months due to an unsuspected injury?
We don’t know when it occurred but I’m certain that the high pressure contest against Team USA didn’t help.

Who have they beat in those 6 games in the SEC? They have trailed by double digits in all of those games and miraculously found a way to win. Will they do that against the top teams in the league? We don’t know…but I wouldn’t bet on it. You can say what you want about the record in the SEC, but they have lost to just about every tournament team on their schedule and got beat by MTSU
You’re actually stupid go look at my post in SEC STANDINGS and compare so real numbers with your faves

Reactions: WinnerCircle
The lifeblood of this program needs to be high-school recruiting. The fact that we have to continually go into the portal to fill in holes is really flirting with danger. In my opinion, the portal players they picked up in this past cycle have done barely anything to help. Wells got hurt, but she wasn’t doing much before the injury. The others have been even worse.

We already saw what this team has in it without Rickea…not much. Kellie would have to really get a commit from a big time player to replace her…and if Horston hadn’t been here I don’t believe Rickea comes here initially. Thank god she stuck around for another year or we would probably have a .500 record so far. There just isn’t much to get excited about for the future when you are living and dying in the portal.

I do want Kellie to succeed here, but she does nothing to raise expectations. She has her husband coaching the posts and we haven’t had a high school recruit want to come play for John Harper. She has the insecure Sam Williams as her recruiting coordinator and if she were coordinating anything for me she would be let go. Sam blocks anyone on Twitter who questions what’s going on with recruiting. Insecure! Pay less attention to Twitter and get out and recruit!! Joy seems to be the most competent assistant, but that’s not saying much.

If Kellie’s going to be so inept at recruiting go out and get the best recruiter money buys! There is just nothing to get excited about with this team! We have a mid major roster with one star player who will be gone after this year. We are slow, turn the ball over way too much and can’t defend. At what point will someone over there do something to fix the turnover problem? You can’t beat great teams turning the ball over as much as we do! We need a true PG. I’ve been going to LVs games for over 30 years and it’s just hard to watch. It’s so far from anything that this program should be. This program sells itself if you are a competent recruiter. If I felt that the coaching was what it should be I wouldn’t even worry about recruiting…but we don’t have a great Xs and Os coach. We stand around on offense and play one on one non-stop. Get Coach Barnes to teach your team how to run an offensive set!!! I’ve asked this before and will ask again, what is our offensive system?
You’re literally giving yourself away.. so many little sayings verbatim. Your def one of those yappers from twitter

The lifeblood of this program needs to be high-school recruiting. The fact that we have to continually go into the portal to fill in holes is really flirting with danger. In my opinion, the portal players they picked up in this past cycle have done barely anything to help. Wells got hurt, but she wasn’t doing much before the injury. The others have been even worse.

We already saw what this team has in it without Rickea…not much. Kellie would have to really get a commit from a big time player to replace her…and if Horston hadn’t been here I don’t believe Rickea comes here initially. Thank god she stuck around for another year or we would probably have a .500 record so far. There just isn’t much to get excited about for the future when you are living and dying in the portal.

I do want Kellie to succeed here, but she does nothing to raise expectations. She has her husband coaching the posts and we haven’t had a high school recruit want to come play for John Harper. She has the insecure Sam Williams as her recruiting coordinator and if she were coordinating anything for me she would be let go. Sam blocks anyone on Twitter who questions what’s going on with recruiting. Insecure! Pay less attention to Twitter and get out and recruit!! Joy seems to be the most competent assistant, but that’s not saying much.

If Kellie’s going to be so inept at recruiting go out and get the best recruiter money buys! There is just nothing to get excited about with this team! We have a mid major roster with one star player who will be gone after this year. We are slow, turn the ball over way too much and can’t defend. At what point will someone over there do something to fix the turnover problem? You can’t beat great teams turning the ball over as much as we do! We need a true PG. I’ve been going to LVs games for over 30 years and it’s just hard to watch. It’s so far from anything that this program should be. This program sells itself if you are a competent recruiter. If I felt that the coaching was what it should be I wouldn’t even worry about recruiting…but we don’t have a great Xs and Os coach. We stand around on offense and play one on one non-stop. Get Coach Barnes to teach your team how to run an offensive set!!! I’ve asked this before and will ask again, what is our offensive system?
If your talking about portal players you have to include them all. Rickea, Jasmine, Jewell, Jill, and Destinee are all portal players. So saying they haven't done much is totally wrong since Rickea, Jasmine, and Jewell have been elite players for us. Granted our recruited players haven't done enough. So people who say portal players aren't as good as high school players are living in a dream world. Sure you need a mix of both, but what you need is elite players. It doesn't matter if they come from high school, the portal, or some foreign country.

At least schedule breaks between the big ones 😭
I actually praised the schedule when it came out, but did say the one drawback was having the big games in such a compressed window. Of course it kinda didn't matter without Rickea which no one could have foreseen. As a season ticket holder I hate to see more cupcakes in the preseason, but they'll clearly have to lighten up.
You’re literally giving yourself away.. so many little sayings verbatim. Your def one of those yappers from twitter
Yeah I recognize him, "insecure Sam" is what clued me. She blocked him and he was highly offended.

If your talking about portal players you have to include them all. Rickea, Jasmine, Jewell, Jill, and Destinee are all portal players. So saying they haven't done much is totally wrong since Rickea, Jasmine, and Jewell have been elite players for us. Granted our recruited players haven't done enough. So people who say portal players aren't as good as high school players are living in a dream world. Sure you need a mix of both, but what you need is elite players. It doesn't matter if they come from high school, the portal, or some foreign country.
You don't want to be overdependent on either portal or HS recruiting. Have to have a healthy mix of each to make sure the roster stays balanced by class and position. I never remember a time in 30 yrs of LV watching that our roster was as badly out of whack as it will be after this year.

i guess we have our first psychic reading that projects doom after this year.

Prior to the completion of all portal and high school signings, we can see on today ahead to our roster in 2025 lmao!

Anyone know if Key is planning on playing in the WNBA? Either way she will probably have enough education to be successful.

TK's limited athleticism and limited offensive game will hinder her as a pro, IMO.
Ever watch Mercedes Russell play while she was at UT? Key is definitely further along with her post moves and defense. She is somewhat curiously bashful about facing up to nail a jumper. Would love to see her add that shot. She was getting there with it as a Junior, before her respiratory issues popped up.

Ever watch Mercedes Russell play while she was at UT? Key is definitely further along with her post moves and defense. She is somewhat curiously bashful about facing up to nail a jumper. Would love to see her add that shot. She was getting there with it as a Junior, before her respiratory issues popped up.
Hoping she comes back for another year to further refine and improve her offense 🙏🏼

You don't want to be overdependent on either portal or HS recruiting. Have to have a healthy mix of each to make sure the roster stays balanced by class and position. I never remember a time in 30 yrs of LV watching that our roster was as badly out of whack as it will be after this year.
Reminds me of the 2009 roster in football. Lack of recruiting OL caused us to start two walk-ons and a HS tight end converted to tackle as a true freshman.

TK's limited athleticism and limited offensive game will hinder her as a pro, IMO.

Hoping she comes back for another year to further refine and improve her offense 🙏🏼
With another season of improved health and mobility, I believe TK could fill a role like Stephanie Dolson does for the Liberty. It will help that she has a really nice 15 ft shot and is a good ft shooter. She's making better post moves right now than at any time in her career IMO. That little float hook she did Sunday from in front of the rim is something folks have been screaming for her to develop for years. Will have to get a bit more mobile to be able to defend.

TK could have a real shot at the W if she stays and her trajectory stays on the track it's been the last month. Which is completely amazing given where she was a couple of months ago. That speaks really well for the post coach. Worthless Hubby Jon? Couldn't be!

With another season of improved health and mobility, I believe TK could fill a role like Stephanie Dolson does for the Liberty. It will help that she has a really nice 15 ft shot and is a good ft shooter. She's making better post moves right now than at any time in her career IMO. That little float hook she did Sunday from in front of the rim is something folks have been screaming for her to develop for years. Will have to get a bit more mobile to be able to defend.

TK could have a real shot at the W if she stays and her trajectory stays on the track it's been the last month. Which is completely amazing given where she was a couple of months ago. That speaks really well for the post coach. Worthless Hubby Jon? Couldn't be!
Teams always desire size, TK will have a long career in WNBA due to her height..

VN Store

Back