2024 SEC Projected Win Totals

Oklahoma at 7.5 is interesting. If actual results follow these predictions, 4 of the bottom 5 SEC teams will be looking for a new coach at the end of the season.
Let’s hope it is only the bottom 3. I really think Napier is the answer at Florida and want to give him at least another 10 years to prove it.

Let’s hope it is only the bottom 3. I really think Napier is the answer at Florida and want to give him at least another 10 years to prove it.
He's about the least likely to make it through the season in my opinion. Have you seen their schedule? The last 5 games is one of the biggest murderer's row you'll ever see and it's not even counting the fact that they play us, Miami and other games that won't be sure wins either.

He's about the least likely to make it through the season in my opinion. Have you seen their schedule? The last 5 games is one of the biggest murderer's row you'll ever see and it's not even counting the fact that they play us, Miami and other games that won't be sure wins either.

You first sentence is my fear! I really want to see them continue to wander in the swamp….

You first sentence is my fear! I really want to see them continue to wander in the swamp….
They'll fire him. Florida has always had the quickest hook in the conference. It would be a miracle if he survived. Kiffin will probably be their coach next year and that will give us even more just cause to hate them

If bama loses more than 2 games, the turds will go ballistic.
9-3 plus a bowl win getting them to 10-3…I feel like most of them would probably be okay with that for a coach in his first year there.

Now if they end up in 8-5 or lower territory, they’re going to go nuts.

Reactions: Raebo
Looking at this makes me wonder if 10 wins in SEC or Big is enough to get in the playoffs.
An SEC team with a 10-2 record should be in.........that's a hell of a good season, regardless.
Here’s the thing also, though, you’re not going to have 7 SEC teams finish the regular season with 10-2 or better records.

I’m not sure this is really an accurate gauge of the records necessary to make the 12-team playoff, just on that reason/matter/issue alone.

Here’s the thing also, though, you’re not going to have 7 SEC teams finish the regular season with 10-2 or better records.

I’m not sure this is really an accurate gauge of the records necessary to make the 12-team playoff, just on that reason/matter/issue alone.
Here's what I'm kind of thinking: There's no SEC divisions going forward, correct? Somebody, a committee or whatever is supposed to pick the two best SEC teams to play in the SEC Championship. I'll say both of those teams are in the 12 team playoff. Winner gets a bye, loser will host round one. After that, I'd bet at least one more SEC team gets in, maybe two.

Saw a sports analysis a few weeks ago on the finebaum show predicting four losses for bama. Thought Paul was going to swallow his tongue before the guy finished his alotted time.

Oklahoma at 7.5 is interesting. If actual results follow these predictions, 4 of the bottom 5 SEC teams will be looking for a new coach at the end of the season.

I agree on Arky, SC, and the Gators.

Do you really see Vandy firing Clark Lea already though? As he's an alumni, I think they're gonna give him a few more years unless he turns in an 0-12 season or something

Not like people are gonna be beating down the door to get the job

Reactions: OrangeShades
I agree on Arky, SC, and the Gators.

Do you really see Vandy firing Clark Lea already though? As he's an alumni, I think they're gonna give him a few more years unless he turns in an 0-12 season or something

Not like people are gonna be beating down the door to get the job
Who knows? If he doesn't go to a bowl or if he posts another goose egg in SEC play I could see them making a change.

VN Store

Back