#24 Boston College vs #6 Missouri (2-0) (12:45PM ET, SEC Network)

TD Missouri. QB Brady Cook makes the first defender miss on 3rd and 2, changes direction, and gets in for the TD to make it 24-14 to start the 3rd quarter.

damn Missouri.

A post-play unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the second down play

An ineligible man downfield on the next play that gained 23 yards.

Then a blindside block on the next play

Then the rare double penalty of an unsportsmanlike conduct followed by a post-play penalty for a combined 30 penalty yards.

It’s 2nd and freakin’ 59.

2nd and St Louis!

Reactions: Grey_pilgrim
damn Missouri.

A post-play unsportsmanlike conduct penalty after the second down play

An ineligible man downfield on the next play that gained 23 yards.

Then a blindside block on the next play

Then the rare double penalty of an unsportsmanlike conduct followed by a post-play penalty for a combined 30 penalty yards.

It’s 2nd and freakin’ 59

That was amazing. Never seen a 2nd and 59 until today.

Found the answer - 2022 - #16 Mississippi State vs #22 Kentucky

Apparently it’s only happened for the network 8 times before now. Looks like Missouri will become the highest ranked team to play in a ranked-vs-ranked team matchup on the network.

- 2022 #16 Mississippi State vs #22 Kentucky
- 2020 #9 Georgia vs #25 Missouri
- 2020 #23 Kentucky vs #8 Auburn
- 2018 #7 LSU vs #22 Texas A&M (the famous 7OT game and the final OT game in the previously established format)
- 2016 #23 Florida vs #16 LSU (the rescheduled hurricane game)
- 2015 #21 Mississippi State vs #14 Texas A&M
- 2014 #16 Georgia Tech vs #9 Georgia
- 2014 #21 Texas A&M vs #9 South Carolina (this was a game picked/scheduled specifically to debut the SEC Network)

Correct me if I’m wrong.. That just means Missouri doesn’t have a large enough following to justify playing on ESPN or ABC

Reactions: tbwhhs
Generally voters don’t tend to drop teams in the top 10 outside of it for a close game against another ranked team.

BC doesn't belong in the rankings. They got in because they beat overrated FSU who is 0-3 now. This Missouri team is not a top ten team. I do think they are a top 25 team, but not top 10. They are about on par with what Tennessee was last year.

BC doesn't belong in the rankings. They got in because they beat overrated FSU who is 0-3 now. This Missouri team is not a top ten team. I do think they are a top 25 team, but not top 10. They are about on par with what Tennessee was last year.
While I agree... this game is proving otherwise

VN Store

Back