25 Years Ago TODAY!

“This football game is history and the undefeated Volunteers of Tennessee remain just that”
-John Ward

Reactions: VFL 89
Hope I live long enough to see another National Championship Vol team. Time is growing short with each passing birthday. They better do it soon.
Good luck. I’m 45 now and never thought it would be 25 years since our last national title and even SEC title I figured we would win a few more SEC titles and another national title after that but nope nada.

Thanks for the reminder. Best Tennessee game I've ever attended! And I've been to some good ones. One doesn't go to a National Championship game very often in their lifetime. Flew with my step-dad out to Arizona and didn't even have tickets in hand! Met a guy on-line who had season tix to the Fiesta Bowl and he promised to hold us two until we could meet up. Sure as hell, he met us in the hotel lobby and delivered. It was a cold night. What a game! I remember Lee Corso running his mouth about how Tennessee really didn't deserve to be there and how Florida State was the better team. Boy was he WRONG! Several of us Vols fans surrounded the ESPN broadcast booth in the stands after the game and taunted Corso for an hour. I remember Herbstreet giving Corso grief as well.

Saw the Senora Desert and Grand Canyon while out there for the game too. You just can't buy those type of memories! Hope to go see the Vols in another Natty before I die!

Reactions: vol_fan_dan
I did a rewatch last night. Every side of the ball was fast. That is what we have been missing over the last 25 years. Fast players on both sides of the ball. Not one or two fast guys, everyone was fast.

I did a rewatch last night. Every side of the ball was fast. That is what we have been missing over the last 25 years. Fast players on both sides of the ball. Not one or two fast guys, everyone was fast.
We got the best recruits back then the crème of the crop

Thanks for the reminder. Best Tennessee game I've ever attended! And I've been to some good ones. One doesn't go to a National Championship game very often in their lifetime. Flew with my step-dad out to Arizona and didn't even have tickets in hand! Met a guy on-line who had season tix to the Fiesta Bowl and he promised to hold us two until we could meet up. Sure as hell, he met us in the hotel lobby and delivered. It was a cold night. What a game! I remember Lee Corso running his mouth about how Tennessee really didn't deserve to be there and how Florida State was the better team. Boy was he WRONG! Several of us Vols fans surrounded the ESPN broadcast booth in the stands after the game and taunted Corso for an hour. I remember Herbstreet giving Corso grief as well.

Saw the Senora Desert and Grand Canyon while out there for the game too. You just can't buy those type of memories! Hope to go see the Vols in another Natty before I die!

I don’t remember Corso saying Tennessee didn’t deserve to be there. Did he say who should’ve went instead of Tennessee?

I remember he picked FSU to win, and Herbstriet picked UT. I remember after the game, Corso said that UT was clearly the better team.

Army and diesel mechanic. To any young people out there just starting out in life , don't do it. Very bad combination of careers

VN Store

Back