3 Vols Invited to Combine

I disagree. I think all of the above have good chances make at least a practice squad roster. I think it is weird Jabari is not on the list I think he is more likely to make a roster than Warren or GJL and I think those guy can make a roster. If Colton Jumper can hang around on a roster any of these guys can. Not knocking Jumper just saying. Age isn't as big a deal in the NFL as it is the NBA. it still a factor but its about what you can bring. I think all of these vols can be good camp bodies for some teams and maybe convert that into a shot to roster.
Getting drafted is not the same as making a team. I said I think the most drafted is 4 (that's if Castles is drafted). Others will be signed as UDFAs (as Jumper was) and some will make a team, I would guess. But no one is projecting GJL, Beasley, Small, Tank, or Warren to be drafted.

Joe Milton III, Jaylen Wright, Kamal Hadden

Surprised Beasley didn’t get an invite.

Expecting him along with Tank/Juedy Lally and Warren/McCastles will be signed as UFA somewhere
Beasley is too small for LB and too slow for safety

3 players in the 2024 combine (9-4)
7 players in the 2023 combine, 5 got drafted (11-1)
4 players in the 2022 combine, all 4 got drafted, 5 total drafted (7-6)
7 players in the 2021 combine, 5 got drafted (3-7)
5 players in the 2020 combine, 2 got drafted (8-5)
0 players in the 2019 combine, 0 got drafted (5-7)

Heupel getting results with the talent he's got, vs our other coaches.

That shows that coaching does matter. Several teams above us on that list that we beat.
Hard to imagine that UK had six players invited and only won 7 games.

To be fair to them (in reference to their win total not to Tennessee beating them), they only had half an offense. The transfer they got to plug their hole at QB (Devin Leary) was awful most games. (He only threw for about 2700 yards… that’s like only just over 200 passing yards a game)

LSU has 8 going? Who? Their D struggled and underachieved all year, the OL was serviceable but not as good as ours, I would not trade their top 3 RBs for our top 3. So, their QB can go to the combine and a couple of WRs, and then I would ask, who the hell are the other 5 that are ahead of our next 5 who are NOT going?

3 players in the 2024 combine (9-4)
7 players in the 2023 combine, 5 got drafted (11-1)
4 players in the 2022 combine, all 4 got drafted, 5 total drafted (7-6)
7 players in the 2021 combine, 5 got drafted (3-7)
5 players in the 2020 combine, 2 got drafted (8-5)
0 players in the 2019 combine, 0 got drafted (5-7)

Heupel getting results with the talent he's got, vs our other coaches.
We had a lot of seniors return which is a good thing or we would have had more invited. Next year we will have more. GBO!

LSU has 8 going? Who? Their D struggled and underachieved all year, the OL was serviceable but not as good as ours, I would not trade their top 3 RBs for our top 3. So, their QB can go to the combine and a couple of WRs, and then I would ask, who the hell are the other 5 that are ahead of our next 5 who are NOT going?
just googling their guys

QB Daniels, no brainer.
WR Nabers, no brainer.
WR Brian Thomas Jr, 1100yds, 17 TDs (lead the nation). seems pretty straight forward.
C Charles Turner. don't know anything about this guy beyond him being a multi year starter for 40 career games
DT Jordan Jefferson. not much here. transfer.
DT Maason Smith, was a 5star with great freshman year. injury shortened 2022, got better the more he played in 2023. seems like more hype than anything.
DT Wingo, ALL SEC, also dealt with some injuries, no question he should be there.
S Andre Sam, started all 13 games as a transfer, 3 picks. meh

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Brian Kelly was their coach. He acquires talent and underachieves with it.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc

VN Store

Back