3 Vols Named Preseason All-Americans

Suprised that J James was not considered.. He has the opportunity to be a 1st rounder.

No way. I have been told daily here that this team is devoid of talent and that 6 wins would be a "great" result.

I think Jones will surprise many people this fall. I think he may very well be the type of coach UT needs to get back to the top. But if he is.... then he can build on the DL talent and one of the best OL's in the country to achieve more than 6 wins. Yes there are weaknesses. But if a coach could choose what groups he inherited would be strong if some had to be weak... most any good coach would choose for the OL and DL to be strong then try to manage the rest.

Reactions: 3 people
Im glad they are getting noticed but whyare there even a 3rd and 4th team for all american.....seems like a bit of a stretch IMO

No way. I have been told daily here that this team is devoid of talent and that 6 wins would be a "great" result.

I think Jones will surprise many people this fall. I think he may very well be the type of coach UT needs to get back to the top. But if he is.... then he can build on the DL talent and one of the best OL's in the country to achieve more than 6 wins. Yes there are weaknesses. But if a coach could choose what groups he inherited would be strong if some had to be weak... most any good coach would choose for the OL and DL to be strong then try to manage the rest.

Agree that most coaches would take solid lines over skill position players, but I still doubt we exceed 6 regular season wins. If this was the SEC of the late 90s, sure, but I doubt we get a win against Oregon, Florida, bama, Georgia or South Carolina, and I doubt we run the table against the rest given another change in coaching staffs and little depth. Hope I'm wrong...

I do have faith in CBJ for the future though and his recruiting has been nothing short of phonominal.

Reactions: 1 person
I think USCe is beatable. I think Oregon could be more vulnerable than many think due to their coaching change and talent losses. UGA, UF, and Bama have a significant talent advantage at this point.

IMHO, if Jones gets only 6 wins this fall... if that's all he can get out of this roster then next year will be worse. If it is then year 3 will once again be make or break. Not a good scenario.

I think USCe is beatable. I think Oregon could be more vulnerable than many think due to their coaching change and talent losses. UGA, UF, and Bama have a significant talent advantage at this point.

IMHO, if Jones gets only 6 wins this fall... if that's all he can get out of this roster then next year will be worse. If it is then year 3 will once again be make or break. Not a good scenario.

2013 is shaping up similar to 2009. Talent in spots but thin. New coach, new energy.

If we do get 7 wins I think it will be because of the cultural shift Butch brings. A real football coach and winner whose team believes in itself. We'll have to win by pounding the other team into submission and avoid getting burned on the big plays.

Got to get over the born loser mentality Dooley brought.

Can we get McCullers his own nickname? I feel like he deserves one... How about "Zip Code" because he's big enough to deserve his own.

I personally think we win more than 6 games with 3 potential AAs on the lines of scrimmage and LB. The talent on our lines will carry us to whatever we do this year.

QB and WR development can come more easily if the QB has time in the pocket. Look at Bama's QB a few years ago as a freshman. I know they had waaaay more talent, but he was still able to manage the game as a freshman bc he had the time to go through his progressions and make decisions.

I personally think we win more than 6 games with 3 potential AAs on the lines of scrimmage and LB. The talent on our lines will carry us to whatever we do this year.

QB and WR development can come more easily if the QB has time in the pocket. Look at Bama's QB a few years ago as a freshman. I know they had waaaay more talent, but he was still able to manage the game as a freshman bc he had the time to go through his progressions and make decisions.

I've mentioned the same thing in another thread about the OL and DL. The trenches will carry us this year. Everyone is talking up our OL and rightfully so, but our DL is gonna surprise a lot of people. QB's are gonna be running for their lives all season long.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back