3 Vols Named Preseason All-Americans

Am I the only one that thinks nothing McCullers did last year warranted this? He was 9th on the team in tackles and only had 1 sack last season.

Last edited:
I hope McCullers has a monster year--but what exactly did he do to merit AA consideration this year? A bit strange,if you ask me. He didn't even play that much and was hardly a dominant player.

I think knowledgeable people know that McCul was misused last year. And that CBJ won't make that mistake.

And you should get bashed for it. Why is he overrated?

I think he's a good player just not an All-American. Yes he had a lot of tackles but really that's not saying much considering how bad our D was. He really made no impact plays, no picks and very few TFL's and no big hits (too worried about slamming people). Honestly the biggest impact he had was on Offence in the "Beast" formation.

I think he's a good player just not an All-American. Yes he had a lot of tackles but really that's not saying much considering how bad our D was. He really made no impact plays, no picks and very few TFL's and no big hits (too worried about slamming people). Honestly the biggest impact he had was on Offence in the "Beast" formation.

Ever figured out that like the others he was playing in a defensive scheme they weren't recruited for? Our defense are 4-3 guys not 3-4 guys. Thus we leaked like a sieve. The fact AJ got as many tackles as he did beyond the line of scrimmage is a surprise? I'm not a FB guru but even i know you should come back when actually know something about the game and the 2012 team.

Ever figured out that like the others he was playing in a defensive scheme they weren't recruited for? Our defense are 4-3 guys not 3-4 guys. Thus we leaked like a sieve. The fact AJ got as many tackles as he did beyond the line of scrimmage is a surprise? I'm not a FB guru but even i know you should come back when actually know something about the game and the 2012 team.
Sorry for expressing my opinion, it will never happen again.

Last edited:
Anyone know if we will still be using the beast formation with AJ?

It won't be a regular part of the offense. However, during red zone efforts against the Tide, Bulldogs (GA), and maybe USCjr we will see it. As a matter of fact, we will likely see Channing in that role against the Tide to crack that defensive line. Cause nothing would make CBJ's season more than making the crimson Tide a tidal pool. If he gets a chance to score, he's going all out. You won't see any pattycaking with the clock or 3-pointing when 6 is sight.

VN Store

Back