What P4 Redshirt Freshman QBs are doing better than Nico?

NEWDAYVOL

Are there any? Maybe there is. Maybe there's 7. I don't know. I think the list is very short if it even exists at all.

I don't care how much he is getting paid. I don't care how highly ranked he was out of HS. He is a Redshirt Freshman. It takes these guys, especially QBs, time to develop.

Quinn Ewers had a ton of hype out of HS...but he didn't have off the charts stats his Redshirt Freshman season at Texas. He is a Junior now. Nico is actually on pace to do a little better than Ewers did as a RS-FR. Our expectations are unreal and just down right ridiculous.

Are there any? Maybe there is. Maybe there's 7. I don't know. I think the list is very short if it even exists at all.

I don't care how much he is getting paid. I don't care how highly ranked he was out of HS. He is a Redshirt Freshman. It takes these guys, especially QBs, time to develop.

Quinn Ewers had a ton of hype out of HS...but he didn't have off the charts stats his Redshirt Freshman season at Texas. He is a Junior now. Nico is actually on pace to do a little better than Ewers did as a RS-FR. Our expectations are unreal and just down right ridiculous.
One of, if not the most, sensible threads started since we WON the Fing game Saturday

Ewers wasn't very good his first year at UTjr

someone can correct me if im wrong didn’t look too much into it but out of the top 10 avery johnson seems to be the only one “doing well” outside of that i don’t think anyone else is even playing meaningful minutes besides nico of course and arnold before he got benched you can also throw arch’s 2-3 starts in or whatever it was

Last edited:
My post on another thread:

Of the top 10 quarterbacks in the 2023 class only two are starting, Nico and Avery Johnson. Five have transferred from their original school and are buried on the depth chart. Only Manning has looked better, but he has yet to face a good defends, and only played due to Ewers getting injured.

Remember , these kids highschool development was stunted due to Covid, and Nico being from California didn’t help that situation.

As Aaron Rogers once said RELAX.

My post on another thread:

Of the top 10 quarterbacks in the 2023 class only two are starting, Nico and Avery Johnson. Five have transferred from their original school and are buried on the depth chart. Only Manning has looked better, but he has yet to face a good defends, and only played due to Ewers getting injured.

Remember , these kids highschool development was stunted due to Covid, and Nico being from California didn’t help that situation.

As Aaron Rogers once said RELAX.
Nico being from California didn’t help him how, exactly?

Reactions: walkenvol
California school districts were far more likely to cancel games and in some areas the whole season due to covid. Here in the south we played every game.

Covid was mostly in 2020- seniors would have been class of 2021.
Nico was class of 2023….

He played as a Jr and Sr.
As I’ve said in other posts he’s had QB training since 8th grade. He played RB a lot of his early football days.

He had more reps and resources than 99% of other HS QBs…

someone can correct me if im wrong didn’t look too much into it but out of the top 10 avery johnson seems to be the only one “doing well” outside of that i don’t think anyone else is even playing meaningful minutes besides nico of course and arnold before he got benched you can also throw arch’s 2-3 starts in or whatever it was
True Freshman Dylan Riola
1348 yards 9 TDs and 3 INTs

Sophomore Marcel Reed (co 2023)
- MBA alumni
22-57 for 370 yards 4 TDS
Vs Arkansas and Florida (2-0)

🫤

Y’all can continue to make excuses for the boy, but I won’t.

Nico was class of 2023….

As I’ve said in other posts he’s had QB training since 8th grade. He played RB a lot of his early football days.

Nicos sophomore year he was the starter . His school played only 5 games due to covid.

He basically played 2 1/2 years of high school ball.
Most kids that are as good as him start 3-4 full years. That is a big disparity in live snaps.

This is not debatable, these are facts.

Reactions: VFL-82-JP

- MBA alumni

🫤

This isn't as strong of an argument as you think. Riola is not much different than Nico who has:

1219 yards, plus an additional 139 on the ground
8 TD's, 3 INT (rushing TD included)

And let's not forget Nico has played against 3 SEC defenses. Nebraska got the privilege of playing Colorado whose defense cant stop a tricycle.

Reed is completing 55% of his passes, compared to Nico's 65%

Nicos sophomore year he was the starter . His school played only 5 games due to covid.

He basically played 2 1/2 years of high school ball.
Most kids that are as good as him start 3-4 full years. That is a big disparity in live snaps.

This is not debatable, these are facts.
But, but, but, he's been training since 8th grade, so that's like 4 full years of football training. He should be playing like an NFL vet by now. 🙄 /s

Reactions: chuckiepoo and EZE

- MBA alumni

🫤

I know people hate to see you coming. So loud and so wrong, but yet so passionate. It is always those, that are loud and wrong, that are determined to share their opinion. You never fail to disappoint. If you shared lottery numbers, I would pick the exact opposite numbers.

I know people hate to see you coming. So loud and so wrong, but yet so passionate. It is always those, that are loud and wrong, that are determined to share their opinion. You never fail to disappoint. If you shared lottery numbers, I would pick the exact opposite numbers.
But remember, he is a donor. That is the prime requisite for expertise in sports. It entitles you to criticize, fairly or otherwise without reason, knowledge or logic. I don't even have to see this person's post to guess what he has said. He doesn't like Nico, and no amount of stats, observation or logic will change that.

It would be nice to have a dislike button. I know there are several that would hit it against me without hesitation. It would, however, give some that post on here a wake up call that maybe their opinion is shared by a unique crowd of one. I would like to see that ratio, if for no other reason to check myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckiepoo and EZE
Nico was class of 2023….

What's your point? You could say that about the 3rd string QB at Eastern Michigan. Every D1 QB has had tons of training and reps at the HS level and earlier - that's a big reason they are as good as they are and got a D1 offer.

“Other guys are bad so it’s ok to be bad”.

Expecting him to play like a Junior with 30 college games under his belt and shred the SEC in his 7th start is truly a mental disorder.

Please don't bring logic and reason to this board. I believe there is an unwritten rule somewhere that it is completely taboo. Only knee jerk, lost bet driven, analysis is allowed. BTW, I personally appreciate someone that posts after actually thinking a few moments and posting an insightful and meaningful post.

While I get the idea, I don’t think negative lottery numbers is the way to go.

- MBA alumni

🫤

You named 1 guy and the other has a completion percentage of 38%

Nvm you made a typo on his stats.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back