What P4 Redshirt Freshman QBs are doing better than Nico?

He's a true freshman rather than a redshirt freshman but Van Buren at Mississippi St is pretty impressive. His supporting cast is inferior to ours including a true freshman at one OT spot.

~ 350 passing yards against UGA

Reactions: hjeagle1vol
Don’t have to be a genius to know something is broken. Did you really think in these first 3 SEC games he would average less than 200 yards and only have one passing touchdown? They weren’t blowouts where he only played a half.

Remember, he wasn’t necessarily hyped by fans, but by UT and the media. Who gives a f what some knuckle head on VN says, me included.
Do you care about stats or wins? If we were 3-3, 2-4, or 0-6 I would be concerned. He was hyped because he was a 5 star. 5 star means that the player has a very high ceiling. Not that they are already a finished product. Fans took he is a 5 star to mean that as a RS Freshmen, he would play like Caleb Williams or Bryce Young.

Do you care about stats or wins? If we were 3-3, 2-4, or 0-6 I would be concerned. He was hyped because he was a 5 star. 5 star means that the player has a very high ceiling. Not that they are already a finished product. Fans took he is a 5 star to mean that as a RS Freshmen, he would play like Caleb Williams or Bryce Young.
Both.

I don't think a sensible fan would expect him to be a "finished product" but being a 5-star and being in the program for nearly two years a sensible fan should expect him to be performing better than he is. I think that you would agree that the offense appears to be very limited, and although the defense is playing lights out this teams needs the offense to compete against Bama, UGA, and make a run into the playoffs.

If the Oline is that bad, and the young guys can't beat out these guys Im not sure it's improving while he's here. Honestly, the biggest Heup concern right now is Oline recruiting and development especially if the situation is actually this dire.
David Sanders is supposed to be a stud. He should help.

Nico isn’t even doing that bad. All of us (myself included) were incredibly spoiled by Hooker. We’ve been looking for that same feeling since. Nico isn’t going to be Hendon in one season.

Johnson and Nico are the same class. This whole calling Nico a freshman (while technically true) thing is being used dishonestly. Nico threw 45 passes last year Johnson threw 66. They both played mop up duty all year then started the bowl game. It's as direct a comparison as you can get.

I'll give you that. its valid although Nico is facing much tougher competition... I don't have a good way to compare each's supporting cast. DJ Giddens is a really good running back for KSU. Jayce Brown looks like he is going to be a great WR also. He made a couple great catches against Colorado. But hard to assess the rest of them. Seen KSU play a couple of games.

Reactions: Ttucke11
If the Oline is that bad, and the young guys can't beat out these guys Im not sure it's improving while he's here. Honestly, the biggest Heup concern right now is Oline recruiting and development especially if the situation is actually this dire.

was told none of the freshman OL would be helpful at this point. None ready to play SEC football yet. they like their potential just too young and still developing.

Reactions: Ttucke11
He's a true freshman rather than a redshirt freshman but Van Buren at Mississippi St is pretty impressive. His supporting cast is inferior to ours including a true freshman at one OT spot.

~ 350 passing yards against UGA

You have to throw the ball to get passing yards and when you do throw you can’t miss wide open guys.

He’d be playing a lot better if the o-line were playing better. He’s been getting hit and sacked way too much. And it’s limiting our offense to run plays and quick throws, he feels rushed and can’t get through his reads.
He may have made some bad reads but I don’t think it’s a problem of ability or talent.

VN Store

Back