4 star rb Justin Sturns

vol bandit

First thread so bare with me. 4 star rb Justin Sturns, I think out of Texas, showed interest in the vols back in early fall, hadn"t heard anything on him in awhile. Dose anyone know if he"s on tennessee"s radar, or are we even interested in this kid? Also do yall think we save remaining schollies for next yr if we don"t get exactly who we want?This looks like a great class on paper, rather we get anymore commits or not would you agree with that? One more question, I know theres been rumors, but is there any kids on our list that yall might think has a change of heart? Thank you and have a safe day!!!

Rufus Williams may have a change of heart.

Justin Sturns isn't on Tennessee's radar this year. Look out for him next year. We are after Lennon Creer.

you think Rufus may have fallen under the spell of the drunk cajun?

Sturns might be placed in a JUCO/Prep School by UT. He is someone to keep any eye out for in the future. He really likes UT and apparently UT likes him because they stayed involved with him even though his grades were horrendous. He might not even be able to get into Prep School. He is trying to at this point though.

I really cannot stand the fact that some people on here want to refer to guys that dont make their grades as "dummies". You do not know the circumstance, it could be a learning disorder or any number of reasons. I see no need to belittle someone by calling them names.

I really cannot stand the fact that some people on here want to refer to guys that dont make their grades as "dummies". You do not know the circumstance, it could be a learning disorder or any number of reasons. I see no need to belittle someone by calling them names.

Look at Morley then. I don't know the other kid's situation so I won't comment on it. Morley on the other hand is a different issue. He had ALL THE TALENT in the world, but pissed it away because he thought he was so smart he didn't have to attend class. Plus if we have any other players like Morley out there on our team right now, GET OUT. That's the problem with our team right now. We have players that think the NFL is a way of life and school isn't important. Good Luck to Morley, if he can find a school to let him in with his piss poor transcripts.

Look at Morley then. I don't know the other kid's situation so I won't comment on it. Morley on the other hand is a different issue. He had ALL THE TALENT in the world, but pissed it away because he thought he was so smart he didn't have to attend class. Plus if we have any other players like Morley out there on our team right now, GET OUT. That's the problem with our team right now. We have players that think the NFL is a way of life and school isn't important. Good Luck to Morley, if he can find a school to let him in with his piss poor transcripts.

I AGREE 100%. this current attitude of not going to classes and only thinking about the nfl started with kelley washington and ut has not been the same since 2001 when he was a freshman. the list continues w/ banks, orgeron's boy, morely, & etc.

sorry, i know this is recruiting but i just want to tell g8torhat8r eric i agree on his point.

I AGREE 100%. this current attitude of not going to classes and only thinking about the nfl started with kelley washington and ut has not been the same since 2001 when he was a freshman. the list continues w/ banks, orgeron's boy, morely, & etc.

sorry, i know this is recruiting but i just want to tell g8torhat8r eric i agree on his point.

Thanks man. :good!:

I'm going to go out on a limb and go with the first instance I can remember, but it started way before Washington. Anyone remember the sad tale of the most talented RB in UT history? Chuck Webb? Anyone? Bueller?

I'm going to go out on a limb and go with the first instance I can remember, but it started way before Washington. Anyone remember the sad tale of the most talented RB in UT history? Chuck Webb? Anyone? Bueller?

Chuck Webb failed a drug test right???

Yes he did, but his schooling wasn't going very well and he left after his Soph. year (and a major knee injury) because UT was starting to hit the national level phase again and starting the perception of being a "football factory." I'm not saying he started it, but it's the first example I could think of "using" the university as a springboard.

Chuck Webb was incredible, but the worst example of running his own program was Dale Carter. He went to class, I'll give him that, but only to catch up on his sleep.

Webb was probably the best RB talent to ever go thru UT

amen to that, and with Cobb...what a combo

when I was in school my roomie used to sell some "stuff" to Charlie, he was a funny, funny guy, very cool

VN Store

Back