5 Freshmen That Could Start In 2013

North will get solid PT at the very least. I really hope we don't have to start a Freshman at CB. Corey Vereen will play and Dobbs has a solid chance at starting.

I'm gonna go with North on this one.

Reactions: 1 person
i agree with north. he is like butch he gets it. i think if ferguson adds some weight and gets grasp on playbook he starts and we win 8 to qualify for bowl

Last edited:
I know. It's Bleacher Report. Thanks in advance for pointing that out. It's a good write-up on our incoming freshman, and is actually realistic.

North and Vereen will be starters IMO, and who knows, maybe even Dobbs.

Thoughts?

Tennessee Volunteers Football: 5 Freshmen That Could Start in 2013 | Bleacher Report

North will play from day one but he will not be the starter until mid-way through the season. He will have to learn the system and learn how to play the college before he can beat anyone out for the starting job.

Worley will be the starter during the first game. However; I think he will lose the job once the hit the rough stretch of our schedule. Then Peterman will be the starter.

Should Peterman struggle, then Dobbs will play. He will be the Vince Young type of player. He will look for an open receiver, if not open, then he will panic and start running. He will gain maybe 7 yards and risk being injured; meanwhile, while he is running a receiver becomes wide open in the end zone.

Corey V. is probably not strong enough to start as a freshman. Also, there are 18 graduating seniors on defense this season. It will be difficult to crack the line up against seniors.

If Dobbs comes in and takes the job from Worley after 20 something days of practice, we're in deep trouble imo.

Reactions: 7 people
i agree with north. he is like butch he gets it. i think if ferguson adds some weight and gets grasp on playbook he starts and we win 8 to qualify foe bowl

We are not going to win 8 games.

Disappointment breeds negativity

North and Vereen should start
Dobbs and Foreman have outside but still decent shots

I agree with every post in this thread so I'm gonna throw my opinion into it. I'm most looking forward to Ryan Jenkins in the slot receiver position.

Clemson was ALL OVER this guy and they definitely know how to recruit fast, elusive wideouts that can spread the defense.

Not to mention he is a legacy recruit as well!

North will play from day one but he will not be the starter until mid-way through the season. He will have to learn the system and learn how to play the college before he can beat anyone out for the starting job.

Worley will be the starter during the first game. However; I think he will lose the job once the hit the rough stretch of our schedule. Then Peterman will be the starter.

Should Peterman struggle, then Dobbs will play. He will be the Vince Young type of player. He will look for an open receiver, if not open, then he will panic and start running. He will gain maybe 7 yards and risk being injured; meanwhile, while he is running a receiver becomes wide open in the end zone.

Corey V. is probably not strong enough to start as a freshman. Also, there are 18 graduating seniors on defense this season. It will be difficult to crack the line up against seniors.

Did you see what he did in the O&W game against our world class senior lead offensive line? Just wondering...

The difference is Dobbs' IQ is bout 100 points higher than Young's

Vince Young? He is more like an Andrew Luck. Not saying he is AL. But VY? The only thing about their games they have in common is they both play QB.

North and Vereen are obviously the most likely. Dobbs has a lot of ground to cover in a short amount of time for a qb. He is smart, but I have my money on Worley starting every game for the VOLS and doing much better than people think

1. Marquez North
2. Lemond Johnson
3.Corey Vereen
4. Josh Dobbs
5. Cameron Sutton

all seem reasonable

VN Store

Back