5 Freshmen That Could Start In 2013

North will play from day one but he will not be the starter until mid-way through the season. He will have to learn the system and learn how to play the college before he can beat anyone out for the starting job.

Worley will be the starter during the first game. However; I think he will lose the job once the hit the rough stretch of our schedule. Then Peterman will be the starter.

Should Peterman struggle, then Dobbs will play. He will be the Vince Young type of player. He will look for an open receiver, if not open, then he will panic and start running. He will gain maybe 7 yards and risk being injured; meanwhile, while he is running a receiver becomes wide open in the end zone.

Corey V. is probably not strong enough to start as a freshman. Also, there are 18 graduating seniors on defense this season. It will be difficult to crack the line up against seniors.
Dobbs' intelligence would make Vince Young's head explode.

If Dobbs comes in and takes the job from Worley after 20 something days of practice, we're in deep trouble imo.
If he wins the job that fast, it would be better than Dobbs getting the job by default as a result of Worley and Peterman stinking it up in the games.

I get that he's a true freshman, but why does it have to be a bad thing if he's better than Worley and Peterman? I don't see that scenario happening, but I think we should and will be at least bowl eligible with Worley and/or Peterman as our qbs. If Dobbs is better now, then we should view that as an improvement on our current team. Especially down the road.

Reactions: 2 people
If Dobbs plays then we are in real trouble. North should get some action, Vareen will play, and I assume one or two of the freshman corners. We need our QB, whoever it is, to be at least decent and maybe better.

I think Malik Foreman could play quiet a bit. Since we're so thin at quality corners. Seems that I remember seeing that he runs a 4.3 40.

If Dobbs comes in and takes the job from Worley after 20 something days of practice, we're in deep trouble imo.

if they are right and 5 freshmen end up as starters, the season is really shot and we might not make 5 wins

We have a lot of receivers and people need to realize that were not going to be down at wr position this year. Out of the 20 we have 2 or 3 should be pretty good

Reactions: 1 person
North will play from day one but he will not be the starter until mid-way through the season. He will have to learn the system and learn how to play the college before he can beat anyone out for the starting job.

Worley will be the starter during the first game. However; I think he will lose the job once the hit the rough stretch of our schedule. Then Peterman will be the starter.

Should Peterman struggle, then Dobbs will play. He will be the Vince Young type of player. He will look for an open receiver, if not open, then he will panic and start running. He will gain maybe 7 yards and risk being injured; meanwhile, while he is running a receiver becomes wide open in the end zone.

Corey V. is probably not strong enough to start as a freshman. Also, there are 18 graduating seniors on defense this season. It will be difficult to crack the line up against seniors.

HEY GUYS LETS SHOE-HORN ALL BLACK QBs INTO THE MOLD OF VINCE YOUNG.

Honestly I'd kill if Dobbs turned out like Vince Young. VY won a national title and should have won the Heisman.

I hope to see Riyahd Jones, Corey Vareen, and Josh Dobbs on the field for some decent playing time or some starts.

VN Store

Back